Chapter 9 ~ Fake Couple

**Louis' POV**

I walked through the hallway with quick and firm steps. What the hell? Since when was Liam gay? And since when was he hitting on Harry? Every word Harry had just said went through my mind as I walked by students whose gazes followed me curiously.

Then it hit me. That time in the cafeteria when Liam was staring at Harry and Niall's table... Had he been staring at Harry then? Just because they were together?

I bit down on my bottom lip frustratingly. Why did this even bother me? Why did it bother me that Harry had a boyfriend, who in fact was my best friend? Why did it feel like my heart had burst when Harry said the words 'I already have a boyfriend'?

As soon as I spotted Liam at his locker, I forgot all my previous thoughts and only focused on one thing. I had to find out what he had to say about all this. "Liam!" I yelled, a little too loud.

He was having a deep conversation with his newfound friend, Niall, it seemed, but when he heard my voice, he snapped his head up to meet my gaze. A frown instantly formed between his eyebrows.

I stomped over to them, and just as I was about to start yelling at Liam, Niall's phone buzzed. He fished it out of his pocket and read what the screen said. I decided not to care about him, and turned to Liam again.

"Since when the fuck are you and Harry Styles together?" I snapped at him.

I could see that both Liam and Niall stiffened at the same time. Liam was staring at me with wide, confused eyes, while Niall was looking at his phone in concentration. A second later, Niall shoved his phone in his pocket again and turned to whisper something in Liam's ear.

I couldn't hear what he said, and that got me even more frustrated. I was about to yell at Liam again when his face suddenly softened, and Niall pulled away from him.

"Oh, that. Well, we've been together for what is it now, Niall? Two weeks?" he said, raising his eyebrows at the blonde guy.

Niall nodded, turning to me. "Yeah, that's right."

I felt my eyes widen in shock. He didn't deny it. So, that meant he was actually together with Harry? What?

I stomped my foot angrily before storming away from them. I had no idea what was happening to me, but I sure didn't like it.

-----

**Liam's POV**

Louis ran off with an angry look on his face. I turned to Niall and raised my eyebrows in confusion. "Why did I have to say that?"

He bit his bottom lip, fishing his phone from his pocket again. "Harry texted me and said it was very necessary. He practically begged me to tell Louis that you guys were together," he shrugged, showing me the text.

Once I had read it, a frown formed between my eyebrows. Why was it so necessary for Harry to tell Louis we were together? What had even happened between the two of them?

Right then, Harry walked by with his hands stuffed deep in his pockets. I took a step forward, pulling him with me to Niall. "Harry, please explain why I just had to tell Louis that I'm dating you," I demanded, looking into his eyes.

He looked scared as if he was afraid I was going to hurt him. "I... I didn't mean to. I'm s-sorry," he stuttered out.

Niall placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "It's okay Harry. Just calm down and tell us what happened."

Harry looked at Niall for a few seconds before nodding his head. "Louis and I were just talking to each other when he suddenly pinned me to the wall. He uh, he got so close, and I panicked. I told him that he had to back off because I already had a boyfriend. He demanded to know who it was, and I just blurted out your name, Liam. I'm so, so sorry. I'll tell him the truth. Just please... don't hate me," he pleaded, looking at me desperately.