Chapter 1 ~ The Bet

Chapter 1 ~ The Bet

**Louis' POV**

I was standing by my locker at school when one of my two best friends, Zayn, walked over to me. I was just about to slam the locker shut when he opened his mouth.

"Ey, Louis? I've got a bet for ya, mate," he smirked at me.

He was wearing a black t-shirt along with some skinny, black jeans. He also had his nose and lip ring, while his eyes were framed by long eyelashes and a pretty thick layer of eyeliner.

According to us and our friend Liam, we were the school's most popular lads, but according to some other people, the more 'posh' ones, Harry and his best friend Niall were. I hated them for that. Especially Harry, the curly-haired one. He looked so cute that I wanted to vomit. Those pretty curls were just too much, and those piercing green eyes... ugh. Okay, he was cute, but absolutely not my type. Niall, on the other hand, was a bit cooler. He was a little bit of a man-whore like us lads but didn't have any piercings. Honestly, I quite enjoyed being the so-called 'man-whore', or 'womanizer' at school. Every girl practically threw themselves at me all the time.

However, Harry and Niall did exist as well. They had all the cute girls, which I - of course - also wanted. Harry had a girlfriend though, Sarah Hamilton. They'd been together for almost a year now. She had blonde, wavy hair with blue eyes, and was one of those jealous girls that got upset if someone else just held his hand. She did seem like a nice girl, though. Not that I'd been keeping an eye on them or anything...

"What is it this time?" I asked, shaking my head while grinning.

I actually liked Zayn's bets. Once, he'd bet me that I couldn't ask Tarah, one of Danielle Peazer's best friends, for a fuck without getting a slap in the face. You see, she wasn't that girl who would sleep around with different people all the time. Danielle and her two best friends, Eleanor and Tarah were the ones I called 'ordinary' at our school. They were somewhere in between me and Harry. However, I had won the bet. It turned out Tarah had wanted to fuck me for two years.

We never had a price, though. When one of us won, we just laughed about it, nothing more. It was all just fun and games, after all.

"I bet you can't kiss Harry without getting caught by his girlfriend. And, I bet he won't kiss you back," he said, tilting his head to the side with a smug look on his face. It was probably thanks to the fact that he was sure he was going to win.

I rolled my eyes. "Two bets in one, I see. You don't think I'm going to accomplish it?" I wondered, wiggling my eyebrows challengingly at him.

So, I would have to kiss Harry to win the bet? I didn't know whether to be disgusted or happy about it. I mean, Harry was just too much. I don't know, but I had never liked him, and the fact that I had to kiss someone I didn't really like disgusted me somehow.

However, I had never kissed a boy before. Yeah, I know, weird. I'd probably fucked more than half of the girls at our school, but I had never kissed a lad. I had always wanted to, though, just to feel what the difference was between a guy's and a girl's lips. And, I had to admit that Harry's lips looked quite delicious and plump. Not that I'd been checking his lips out, though. Pfft...

"We'll see about it."

"Easy," I said, stomping away.

I caught sight of Harry in a matter of seconds. He was leaning against his locker, facing Niall who was standing in front of him with his books in his arms. A smirk was playing on my lips as I walked over to them. Without a word, I grabbed the collar of Harry's shirt and backed him up against the wall of lockers behind him. Before he could open his mouth or even register what was happening, I pulled him down to crash my lips to his.

It took a while until he reacted, and when he did, he placed his hands on my chest in an attempt to push me off. However, it didn't take too long until a moan escaped his lips, and he started kissing me back. I almost fell to the floor by that moan. I mean, shit. It was so goddamn sexy!

My eyes fluttered closed as I felt myself leaning in even more to kiss him deeper. His pouty lips moved in sync with mine, my lip ring pressing against the skin of his bottom lip. Sparks were running up and down my spine and-- Wait, what the hell?!

I continued kissing him, biting his bottom lip harshly, asking for entrance, which he gladly granted. As soon as my tongue found his, butterflies erupted in my stomach. It felt like my entire body was on fire.

I let out a moan, pressing him even harder against the lockers behind his back. I then let my arms go around his neck and started tugging at the curls at the end of his neck with my fingers. His fingers dug into the skin at my waist, pressing me impossibly closer to him.

His lips felt soft, but not as soft as a girl's. They were a little rougher, which was just so perfect.

It wasn't until then everything suddenly hit me like a slap in the face. What was I doing?! It was supposed to be a kiss, not a full-blown make-out session!

I pulled away, opening my eyes. His were still closed, and a smile was slowly making its way to his lips. Seconds later, they fluttered open, and the sight in front of him caused his mouth to drop. He suddenly looked at me as if I was a murderer.

I lifted my hand to slap his cheek rather harshly. His hand instantly reached up to clutch it as his face showed nothing but pure fright.

I leaned in close to his ear. "This never happened, okay?" I breathed.

He nodded, tensing up at my proximity.

I smirked at that and pulled away, but not before giving him one last peck on the lips. I lingered a bit too long, but oh well, his lips were just perfect.

"You're a great kisser," I winked, turning around only to see that half of the school was staring at us with wide eyes.

Inwardly groaning, I shoved through the crowd until I found Zayn, still standing by my locker.

I hadn't even reached him until I could hear a loud voice shout behind me. "HARRY, WHAT THE HELL?! HOW COULD YOU?!"

I couldn't help but smile smugly to myself. I was probably the cause of a breakup today.

Zayn tilted his head to the side with an amused look on his face when he saw me. He opened his mouth to say something, but I beat him to it. "Don't ask. It just kind of happened," I said, scratching the back of my neck.

He burst out laughing. "I won."

I pulled my eyebrows together. How did he win? Harry reciprocated my kiss. However, right then, I could hear a loud smack, and that reminded me of something. I turned my head in the direction of the sound.

Harry was clutching both of his cheeks now, and his girlfriend - or now probably ex-girlfriend - was stomping away from him angrily.

I chuckled. "I guess you did," I said, turning back to Zayn.

*****************************************************************************************

The first chapter! I'm really excited to write this story! Hope you'll like it! :)

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed it :)

Pauline .xx