Chapter 4 ~ At The Bakery

**Harry's POV**

That day I drove home to a silent house. Mum worked late every weekday, just like Robin, my step-dad, and my sister went to uni. That was why I worked in a small bakery in town, to have something to do when I was alone. I worked there every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, so on Tuesdays and Fridays, I had the house all to myself.

I usually called Niall over those days, or I would just go over to his because I didn't really like to be home all by myself. I knew it sounded childish, but that's the way I was.

Obviously, Sarah would come over as well during those days, but since she broke up with me today, I didn't expect her to do so anymore. It was weird how easily I could forget about her. I mean, I didn't even think of being mad at Louis for making Sarah break up with me. I should be yelling and screaming at him for ruining my life, but since he somehow didn't ruin it, there was no need to.

If I was being honest with myself, I hadn't thought about her since Niall asked me why I wasn't mad at Louis. I didn't know why, though. I knew I loved her, but ever since that kiss I shared with Louis, I just felt... nothing? Well, it was extremely hard to explain.

Since it was Monday, I walked into the kitchen to make a sandwich and gulp down a glass of milk before exiting the front door again to head to work. I ate the sandwich while I drove there, which wasn't a very good idea, but I was in a hurry, okay? My shift started in five minutes and it took me at least three minutes to drive there if I drove quickly.

Three minutes later, I parked my car into an empty parking space and slid out of the car. After locking it, I headed straight for the door.

"Barbara!" I yelled as I stepped into the small bakery.

"Harry!" she called back. She came out of the room where she baked everything with a wide smile on her face.

Barbara was like my second mother. I had worked here for three years now, and she had always been there for me whenever something happened at school or at home. I could always go to her when something was wrong, and she would listen to whatever I had to say. I really loved having her there since my life was kind of always upside down.

I walked over to her and gave her a tight hug. "How has your day been?" she mumbled against my shoulder.

I released her and looked down at my shoes. "Eh, well..." I trailed off.

How had my day been? First off, Louis had kissed me, then Sarah had broken up with me, and to finish it off, Louis had beaten me up in the toilets. Well, what could I say?

She noticed that something wasn't right, and she instantly got worried. "Shall we talk later, Harry, when you've finished your shift?"

I thought for a while before I nodded my head. I needed to tell someone about my eventful day.

After I had pulled my red apron over my head, I walked over to the cash register. My shift lasted from four to seven, so I didn't have to work for too long, which was just perfect.

Usually, no one I knew would come here to buy anything, only Niall occasionally. I guess they didn't know about this bakery. It wasn't that big or well known, after all. Usually, younger people just walked by, while the older people were the ones who would notice it and sometimes enter.

I didn't know for how long I worked the cash register until an all too familiar boy was suddenly standing right in front of me.

-----

**Louis' POV**

~30 minutes earlier~

"I'm home!" I called out as I stepped into the flat I shared with my mum and four younger sisters. Since neither of my mom or I worked, we couldn't afford anything but this small flat that only had three bedrooms, a kitchen, a toilet and a small living room. The only money we had was what we got from our granny and granddad.