Chapter 26 ~ Suspicions

**Louis' POV**

"Louis, why are you pulling me forward?" Harry whined as I dragged him into the cafeteria, heading towards the table we usually sat at.

"Let's just not talk about it, yeah?" I muttered, walking past students who were looking strangely at us.

Harry then stopped dead in his tracks, causing me to do so as well. "No, we are going to talk about this, and we're going to do it right now," he said stubbornly, folding his arms over his chest after freeing himself from my grip on him.

I let out a deep sigh, running a hand through my black hair. "Shit, fine. Let's buy some food and sit down first, okay?"

He thought for a while before nodding in agreement. "Okay."

As soon as we were sitting at the table where Liam, Niall, Zayn, Harry and I usually sat, I turned to Harry with a defeated look on my face.

Was I really going to tell him about that blonde guy? I didn't even know his name. The only thing I knew was that I was fricking jealous of him yesterday when I had seen him with Harry and that he had threatened to punch me if I ever were to hurt Harry again.

"It's about the curly-haired guy you were with yesterday," I started, looking him in the eyes.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "You mean Mike?"

I shrugged. "If that's his name, then yes. I just... your perception of him is that he's a nice guy, right?" I anticipated, sucking on my lip ring.

Harry seemed utterly confused about this but nodded his head. "Yeah, of course. He was there for me when no one else was."

I mentally hit myself for that. I should have been there, but no, I just had to screw everything up and be the reason Harry had even talked to that Mike guy in the first place instead.

"I'm still sorry about that, you know?" I muttered, looking down at my lap.

He squeezed my hand under the table, nodding his head. "I know, and it's not your fault... Well, it kind of is, but I don't blame you. Not now when I know the reason behind your actions," he reassured me. "Now, keep going. What does Mike have to do with anything?"

"Oh yeah. He's uh... he's not been as nice to me as he has to you, you could say."

Harry shot me another confused look, and that was when I decided to tell him everything I knew about the blonde, curly-haired guy I had seen for the first time yesterday.

Harry had a concentrated look on his face throughout my entire speech about Mike (which was apparently his name), most likely trying to put everything together. I doubted it was possible, though. Mike was one strange man who apparently had different personalities depending on who he was around.

Once I was done with my speech, Harry leaned down so his chin was resting against the surface of the table. I reached my hand out to run my fingers through his brown curls.

"And you're sure he treated you like that?" He muttered, turning his head slightly so he was looking at me.

"I'm pretty sure you do remember such things," I said, trying to lighten the mood by smiling a little and adding sarcasm to my voice, and it worked.

The corners of Harry's lips twitched a little, and it wasn't hard to tell he was trying to hold back a small smile of his own. It didn't take long until it dropped, though, and was replaced by a frown instead. "I just... he seemed so nice and all. I mean... He really helped me out yesterday. I can't believe he would be able to do something like hurt someone," he mumbled.