Chapter 29 ~ The Fight

**Louis' POV**

Harry and I were just leaving second class when we saw the first sign of Mike the next day. He was walking with Trisha, not even glancing our way as we passed by them in the hallway. Harry squeezed my hand anxiously, pressing himself closer to me.

"Lou," he whispered. "I'm scared."

We walked to the end of the hallway where Harry's locker was, so he could get rid of his books. I pressed my body against his, so his back was against the lockers behind him. I reached up to brush a few strands of hair from his forehead. "Don't be, babe. Nothing's going to happen to you," I assured him, smiling slightly.

He furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head. "I'm not worried about me, idiot. I'm worried about you. I don't want you to get hurt."

I trailed my fingers down to his chin, lifting it up a little so he was looking me in the eye. "I won't get hurt. I won't let Mike succeed in this plan, and you know that."

He nodded my head slowly, letting out a sigh.

I leaned forward to press my lips against his tenderly, cupping his cheek while doing so. He let out a whine as I pulled away but kept our faces close. "Harry, I... I really, really like you, you know that, right?"

His lips twitched upwards as he nodded. "And you know I really, really do like you too, yeah?"

A smile made its way to my face as I leaned in to press my lips against his for another short kiss. "Of course," I mumbled against his lips before pulling away.

We walked to third class hand in hand, swinging them back and forth between each other. It was a nice feeling, and I dared to say I had never felt this happy in years, if ever. If someone had told me three months ago I would be together with Harry Styles in the future, I would've laughed at them, if not even punched them so hard they would have gotten a bruise.

One reason was that Harry had always been my target when it came to bullying, another was just simply that he was who he was. I had always hated how perfect his life seemed to be while mine was just a total mess. It turned out his life wasn't so perfect, though, and maybe just maybe, that made me like him a little bit more because even Harry Styles had a flaw.

We entered the classroom and sat down at a table in the back. I instantly wrapped a protective arm around his waist while he leaned his head down to rest on my shoulder. We stayed like that throughout the entire hour, listening to whatever Mr. Williams had to say.

When the bell rang, I felt a knot build up in my stomach. It was lunch break. I knew for a fact that could only mean trouble. You didn't have to be smart to figure out that was the perfect time to beat someone up.

I had to stay calm, though, for Harry. I knew he would get even more nervous if he found out I was nervous as well. It wasn't that I was afraid of getting beaten up because I knew how to fight and defend myself, but I had no idea how or when Mike would perform the plan. He could jump at me any second, for all I knew.

Grabbing Harry's hand tightly, I pulled him to the cafeteria where Zayn, Liam and Niall were already sitting at a table. Without uttering a word, I glanced at Zayn's face, looking for some kind of help.

All this was stressing me out, and I was in desperate need of my best friend. We had to come up with some kind of plan because there was no way I would let Mike beat me and get away with it.

"Louis?" Zayn asked, looking at me questioningly.

I snapped my head towards him. "Yeah?"

"Tell me what's on your mind."