Chapter 14 ~ Secrets

**Harry's POV**

It had now been a week since Louis kissed Sarah in the hallway, and I hadn't made any attempt at trying to seduce him since then. I didn't feel the need to because he didn't like me, and if he didn't like me, I would just do it for nothing. I couldn't believe I actually thought he had feelings for me, though. He was into girls and kissing me had only been part of a bet.

I told Liam that we didn't have to be 'together' anymore, but he refused to let us 'break up', saying that Louis could've kissed Sarah only to make me jealous. I didn't believe him, though, and neither did Niall.

Niall was still against Louis, although he didn't dislike him anymore. During that class he was sitting next to Louis a week ago, he got to know Louis and it changed his mind about him.

However, I could tell Niall wanted me and Liam to 'break up', so he could finally be with him for real, and I understood him. I never wanted to be the cause of why Liam and Niall couldn't be together officially, and since I was now certain Louis didn't like me, there was no use for me and Liam to be together anymore anyway.

Liam, Niall and I were currently sitting on Niall's bed, Niall doing his homework while Liam and I were deep in our thoughts. I opened my mouth in an attempt to tell Liam that we didn't have to act like a couple anymore once again, but he stopped me by putting a finger on my lips.

"Don't, Harry. I know what you're going to say and it's not going to happen."

"But why, Liam? Don't you want to be together with Niall officially? There's no reason to continue acting like a couple anymore. Louis doesn't like me, and he made that very clear by kissing my ex in front of me," I grumbled.

He let out a deep sigh. "Harry, how many times do I have to tell you? That kiss with Sarah didn't change anything. I haven't talked to Zayn yet, but I'm sure there's a reason why Louis kissed her. There must be."

I shook my head. "I'm tired of assuming Liam. I want to know, and right now all I know is that Louis kissed my ex, which means he doesn't like me. End of story."

Liam closed his eyes, clenching his jaw together, obviously trying to control the frustration that was building up inside of him. "I can't believe you're giving up. I thought you wanted to get back at Louis just as much as I wanted you to?"

I looked down at my lap, fiddling with my fingers. "I do, Liam. It's just... I'm sick and tired of not knowing things. It just makes me so frustrated."

He nodded his head. "I understand that. I just wish you weren't doubting everything."

"Yeah, me too," I muttered.

We stayed silent for a while until Niall suddenly spoke up out of nowhere. "Do you like him?" He asked, looking at me. "Louis, I mean."

I stared at him in shock. "What? Of course I don't," I said, but it didn't sound convincing, and I cursed under my breath because of that. I didn't like Louis, so why did my voice let me down like that?

"You sure about that?" Liam asked, smiling slightly at me.

I let out a grunt, furrowing my eyebrows while looking at the two of them. "I don't like Louis, okay?"

Liam shrugged his shoulders. "If you say so," he chuckled, causing me to get frustrated.

"I do say so. Now, I have to go. My shift starts in ten minutes," I muttered, getting up from the bed.

"Harry we didn't mean to--" Niall started, but I cut him off.

"It doesn't matter Niall. Bye." And with that said, I exited the room and headed downstairs to the entryway. I was just about to open the front door when Maura showed up and stopped me.