Chapter 7 ~ Confessions

**Harry's POV**

The next following days, I hung out with Niall at his place after school. Well, those days I didn't have to work. It would be a lie to say that we were making progress with our 'mission, though. I was still very bad at defending myself, even against Niall, and that really sucked.

Louis kept winking at me every time we walked by each other in the hallway, and whenever it happened, I would always dart my eyes to the floor with a blush on my cheeks.

What surprised me, though, was that he actually didn't beat me once that week. It was as if something had snapped inside him that had caused him to change his mind about me. I still liked this Louis better than the one that used to beat me up every time he saw me, even though he freaked me out with his actions. It wasn't even healthy nervous he made me. I just wanted to dig a hole in the ground and bury myself alive in it, just to get away from the looks he gave me.

One thing that was weird, though, was that he hadn't tried to talk to me. He hadn't even approached me like he did that day in the locker room. I knew I should be happy about it, but I couldn't help but be a little disappointed about it...

I knew that was really wrong. I mean, he used to bully me all the time, and the fact that he was a guy didn't make this any better. I had never been with a guy before. That kiss with Louis was the first kiss I had experienced with a boy and the fact that I had actually liked it scared the hell out of me.

"Harry? Do you think Liam likes me?" Niall asked out of nowhere when we were sitting in the cafeteria on Monday during our lunch break.

I turned to him in surprise, my mouth falling open. "Um, what?"

"Do you think Liam li--"

I cut him off by covering his mouth with my hand. "I know what you said,  silly. It just surprised me, is all. I mean, where did you get that from?"

Niall turned to where Liam was sitting across the room with Louis by his side. I felt a shiver run down my spine when the thoughts of Louis suddenly came flooding back.

Niall shrugged his shoulders, keeping his eyes on Liam, who was laughing at some joke Louis had just made.

"Ni, I'm sorry to say this, but Liam's into girls."

He turned back to me. "I know, it's just... he's been looking at me a lot lately, and I just jumped to the possibility that he might-- Eh, whatever. It's not like I have feelings for him anyway," he said, waving a hand in dismissal before picking up his fork to continue eating.

I just shook my head, a smile playing on my lips. I had no idea what was going on inside that boy's head. I mean, last time I checked, Niall was straight, so where did this suddenly come from? But let's say Liam had been looking at him. Did that automatically mean he liked Niall in a romantic way? No. So, something else must have happened if the thought of Liam liking him had entered his brain, or he simply had feelings for Liam and wanted him to like him back. But then again, why would Niall lie to me?

Once we had finished eating, we went to my locker so I could grab my Math books before we walked to Niall's.

"Niall?" A voice behind us asked.

We both spun around to see a nervous-looking Liam. Niall's eyes widened in surprise and his cheeks reddened by the second.

My gaze flicked back and forth between them. Did something happen?

"Can I uh... Can I talk to you?"

Niall turned to me. "Haz, would you mind if I...?"

"Of course not. Go with him. I can walk to Math class by myself," I smiled.