Chapter 11 ~ Payback

**Harry's POV**

When Liam and I were walking to the parking lot together with Niall, I could hear footsteps behind me. I turned around just to be face to face with Danielle, one of Liam's exes. Liam also turned around, swallowing hard at the sight of her.

"I can't actually believe I was in a relationship with you, you faggot," she spat out with a disgusted look on her face.

I squeezed Liam's hand in an attempt to show him I was there for him. He was really tense, and it looked like he was going to burst into tears at any second.

"Danielle, please I--" He started, but she cut him off.

"Don't you talk to me. How could you turn gay? Was it something I did wrong? Was it my fault?" She asked, her voice getting lower by the second. She almost sounded sad at the end.

Liam shook his head. "No, of course not. You don't decide who you fall for, Danielle. I was born this way. There is nothing you, me or anyone can do about it," he told her.

Danielle looked away into the distance, biting her lip. "I... I'm... sorry," she mumbled before sprinting off.

I followed her figure with wide eyes. What the hell was that? It was as if she were afraid she was the reason Liam turned gay.

"Come on, guys. Let's head to my place," Niall suggested and started walking towards his car.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Liam when we started following Niall.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I have never been insulted because of my sexuality until now, and it was by my ex," he grimaced, looking down at the ground.

"I'm sorry, Liam. I don't want to be mean or anything, but receiving comments concerning your sexuality might happen more frequently now that you're showing it off. I guess you just have to get used to it," I explained, trying to comfort him somehow.

"And you have?"

I looked down at the ground. "I... I'm not gay, Liam," I mumbled, feeling my cheeks heat up.

I could hear Liam smacking the hand that wasn't entwined with mine against his forehead. "Oh, right. I'm sorry, I just... After everything with Louis, and now me... I'm really sorry... Haven't people commented about it, though? I mean, you and Louis even kissed that time in the hallway?" He asked cautiously, probably worried that I would be insulted.

"Um, yeah. I have received some comments, but I try not to take offense at it considering I'm not actually gay," I shrugged.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "But if you aren't gay, or at least bisexual, then why did you agree to be my fake boyfriend to make Louis jealous?"

Well, that was something I couldn't answer myself. Why did I want to make Louis jealous? Because I wanted to know if he had feelings for me? But why did I want to know that?

I shook my head. "I don't know, Liam. I haven't figured that out myself yet."

When we were about to get into the car, I could see Niall staring longingly at us through the window. I still felt really bad for doing this to him. You could see from a mile away that he really liked Liam, and I didn't want to stand in the way of their relationship, but I also knew that what Liam and I were doing wasn't going to last long. I would 'break up' with him within a week or so if Louis hadn't shown any sign of being jealous until then.

Something told me that if Louis actually did have feelings for me, I wouldn't be the one out of the two of us at a disadvantage anymore. I would be able to get back at him for what he had done to me the past couple of weeks, if I only gained more confidence, that is. Feelings made you weak, didn't they?