Chapter 15

Every day I was getting texts from the unknown number. Each day whenever I received one, I showed Ross. Nobody I’d met seemed to be nasty to me. Ever since I got my glasses off and got a new haircut, I seemed to be getting more friends, even though Leah was still my bestie. I had no idea who was sending them, but I wish I knew. One day in Science Leah saw I looked distracted and said “Whats up Cassidy? You seem down” I decided not to show her the texts; I had to make something up. “Well, Ross cancelled our date tonight for the recording studio. “Oh, no.” She gave me a sympathetic look but when she thought I wasn’t looking, she smirked.

  At lunch we got a sandwich and she said “Cassidy, can we go outside for lunch today? I need to tell you something important” I nodded and we went to eat lunch under a large oak tree. “Well, I’ve been wanting to tell you something for a while now, but I haven’t had the courage.” “You can tell me anything” “I like Ross” I just stared at her. “You like Ross?” “Yes, and a while ago I knew he liked me because he used to always flirt with me” I tried not to let the anger show in my voice. “Flirt with you?” she smiled and said “Yeah, it didn’t get too serious though, he just kissed me a couple of times but that’s it. Anyway I still have feelings for him...” I gave her a small smile and said “That’s fine, thanks for telling me Leah, you’re a good friend” The bell went for 5th period and she said “No problem” before leaving to go to Art.

Was it just me or was Leah acting weird? First, she smirked at me when I told her that Ross cancelled a date on me, which wasn’t even true. Second, she admits she likes Ross. Third she’s telling me her and Ross were really close at one point. Who can I trust? My boyfriend or my best friend?

5th period went really slow. I was watching the clock; I still had 30 minutes to go. I sighed and started copying the Picasso drawing that everyone else was doing. About 10 minutes later I was bored drawing so I looked over at Leah and she was texting someone. I wonder who. About 5 minutes later I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I looked at it. There was a text from the unknown number. I looked back at Leah and she wasn’t on her phone anymore. Hmmm... Did she send the text? Has Leah been the one that has been sending all these aweful texts and wants me to break up with Ross? That would make sense since she admitted to me that she likes Ross. I decided not to ask Leah about it, I was going to ask Ross a few questions first.

When the bell for the end of the day finally went I rushed out of class and made my way to Ross’ house. I pressed the door bell and 30 seconds later Ross opened the door looking surprised when he knew it was me. “Cassidy? What are you doing here?” I said “I need to talk to you, it’s important” Ross didn’t say anything he just pulled me into a hug. After a while he said “Tell me what’s up” I went into his living room and sat on his sofa. “Leah Wilde” I stated. “What?” “Leah Wilde is my friend from school who I found out is the person that is sending me those messages telling me to break up with you” Ross beamed. “That’s great! Did you confront her?” “No, because she said you too had some history” At that point Ross looked away. I was sad also shocked that he never told me he once liked my best friend. “Why didn’t you tell me, Ross?” He looked up into my eyes. “Because I didn’t realise it was her, you don’t understand Cassidy, I really liked her and she hurt me bad” I hated seeing him sad but it also annoyed me that he said he was really into her. He said he loved me; she shouldn’t be talking about her.

I was too busy thinking about Ross and Leah, I hadn’t realised that I’d zoned out until Ross’ hand waved in front of my face. “What? Sorry... I kinda zoned out” Ross laughed. “I could tell” “I was just saying that me and Leah did have a past but it’s all over now, I love you and only you” I smiled and he leaned in to kiss me but we were stopped when we heard a knock on Ross’ door. “Can I open it?” I asked Ross, looking eager. “Of course!” He chuckled and I went to go and open the door. When I opened it, I gasped.