Chapter 3

I just stood there gawping like an idiot. Ross stood up and held out his hand. I looked at it then realised me wanted me to shake it. I shyly shook it and said hi. “What’s your name” asked Ryland. He was lying on the floor next to Rydel and Rocky. “Cassidy” I said quietly looking at him in his multicoloured swimming shorts. “Cassidy...” Ross repeated “that’s a nice name.” “Thanks” Ross winked at me which made me melt. We were staring into each other’s eyes, I swear he moved towards me a bit...

From out of nowhere a ball came and hit me on the back of my head. I fell into Ross and we both fell over, me on top of him. “Looks like she’s really into you Ross!” said Riker and everyone started laughing. I quickly got off Ross and ran to my special place as fast as I could. I was so humiliated.

I had been the luckiest person in the world and got to meet my favourite band ever especially Ross... then I went and blew it like I always do, doing something embarrassing. Anyway I was such an idiot thinking for even a second that a guy like that would like a girl like me-fat, gappy teeth, glasses, aweful frizzy hair. I felt aweful. I pulled my hair into a messy ponytail and got out my drawing pad and started sketching the beach in front of me.

“That’s good.” I nearly had a heart attack. As I jumped, I turned around to see Ross looking at my drawing of the sea. “Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.” He said blushing a little. “Oh. Eeerm, its ok... you didn’t scare me...” “Yeah I didn’t scare you that’s why you jumped about a foot in the air!” he said grinning. He sat down next to me. “About before...”he started looking at me with his dreamy hazel eyes as he spoke” I’m sorry my brothers and sister started laughing at you, they didn’t realise a ball hit you in the head before you jumped on me.” “Hey! I didn’t jump on you! But thanks for telling me that, I was kind of embarrassed when your family started laughing at me...” “Aaaaaw that’s cute, you’re cute.”Ross said smiling sexily at me. He was leaning towards me again when... “ROSS? WHERE ARE YOU?” one of his brothers where shouting “Damn! Look Cassidy, I have to go, I’ll see you later, yeah? But first...” he grabbed my drawing pad, and wrote something on it. “Here. Bye Cassidy.” he got up and left to go to whoever was shouting. “Bye Ross...” I whispered even though I doubt he heard me.

I looked down at my drawing pad to see what he had written.  ‘Cassidy, cute, kind and cuddly, call me.’ With his number next to it. “Wow” I breathed. I sighed happily. “I actually met Ross Lynch...” I thought. Nothing good had ever happened to me before. I stood up and started heading back for my house.

As I came to the edge of the beach, I crossed the road when suddenly I heard a loud car horn, which sounded really close by me. I whirled around like a deer in headlights. There was a large white van was only less than 5 meters away from me, it braked hard but it was too late. Everything went black.