Chapter 13

When I went home after I’d been at Ross’ rented house for about 3 hours, I started making dinner for my dad and I. I was tired so I made a simple dinner. Pizza and chips. When it was ready I called my dad and we talked about our day. I left out the part where Ross found me cheating on him. After dinner, I went up to my room and listened to music. After an hour and a half my dad’s head came round the door and said “Cassidy, its 22:00 now, I think you should go to bed, you have school tomorrow.” I sighed and said “Ok dad, night” “Night darling.” I got changed into my PJ’s and got into bed.

That night I was tossing and turning unable to get to sleep. I was too distracted about what I was going to say to Mitchel tomorrow about Ross. The thing is I love Ross, but I can’t seem to get Mitchel out of my head.

At some point I drifted off to sleep because I woke up to my alarm. Yesterday I had set it for 7am because I didn’t feel like going to the beach this morning. I got out of bed and had a hot shower. I put on some denim short shorts and a green lace top, it was quite hot today so I didn’t wear a cardigan. I brushed my hair and left it loose. I went downstairs to find my dad reading a newspaper and drinking coffee. “Morning Cassidy” my dad said looking cheerful. “Morning dad!” I said hoping I sounded cheerful. I made myself a coffee, and finished in it 3 mouthfuls. “I’m going to school dad, I’ll be home later today because I’m going to the beach after.” “That’s fine, have fun!” I smiled. Yeah right! Have fun? How can I have fun telling the boy I have a crush on I can’t see him anymore because I love someone else??

I slowly walked into school heading for my locker. I had geography first so I needed my books. When I turned the corner I saw Mitchel casually leaning against my locker. When he saw me his face lit up. I sighed. This is going to be harder than I thought. I smiled and walked over to him. “Hey Cassidy! You look great” “Look Mitchel...We need to talk...” he had a confused look on his face. “What about?” I sighed and looked in to his gorgeous blue eyes. “Yesterday” Mitchel remembered what had happened the day before and said “Ok, let’s talk” I looked around; there were too many people here. “Not here, in private. Meet me after school by my locker and we can go to the beach?” I asked. “Anything for you Cassidy” he gave a smile that made me melt. At that moment the bell went for first period. “See ya later Cassidy” he gave me a kiss on the cheek and left.

The day went quickly. Too quickly. I needed more time before I told Mitchel I wasn’t interested in him even though I was. The bell went for end of 5th period. I sighed and said bye to Leah before heading off to my locker. When I got there, like this morning, I saw Mitchel leaning against my locker smiling at me. “You ready to go?” he said. “Yep.” I replyed and we started walking to the beach. He took me to the place he had the day before. When we were out of sight from everyone else on the beach he turned to me and said “what was it you wanted to talk to me about Cassidy?” He said. “I’m sorry” I whispered. “Sorry for what?” he asked looking at me confused. “I can’t see you anymore” I saw his smile fade in to sadness. “Why? He asked looking disappointed. “Even though I like you...a lot...You know the guy that was here yesterday when we caught us...you know...kissing?” “Yeah...” “Well...he’s my boyfriend.” I blurted out. I looked at Mitchels shocked face. “So you never liked me this whole time?” “NO!  I did, I mean I do like you! It’s just...Ross is special” I looked at him, hoping he would forgive me. “If ‘Ross’ is so special why’d you lead me on then? You knew I liked you why didn’t you tell me you didn’t feel the same?” I felt so guilty. “I didn’t tell you I didn’t like you because I did like you! Ross cheated on me and went to LA then I liked you and he came back yesterday and he asked me out so I said yes...” “Why didn’t you tell him about me?” I was silent. “That’s what I thought.” He started to walk away but I grabbed his arm and pulled him into a kiss. He kissed me back. He pulled back. “What about Ross?” I thought for a moment. “I’ll stay with you, I’ll dump Ross for you” His eyes lit up. “Really? Are you kidding?” “Nope!” “I love you Cassidy”

We kissed for another 10 minutes but I pulled away when my phone beeped in my pocket. It was a text from Ross. It said “Hey Cassidy, You still on for our date tonight?<3xx” I looked at Mitchel and smiled. I replyed to Ross’ text “Of course! I love you Rossy!<3xx” he texted back within a minute “See you in 10 mins at my house?<3xx” “Defo!<3xx” I turned back to Mitchel and said “I have to go babe, I’ll see you tomorrow yeah?” He smiled and said “Of course” I left him and set off for Ross’.

 I didn’t want to cheat on them but I couldn’t decide which one I like more. I’ll have to go on a few dates with both of them to decide...