Chapter 31

I woke up from my sleep in my hospital bed to see Ross sleeping. I was allowed to go home later today since I had been in for 3 weeks allowing myself to get better from the coma I was in for 2 months. I felt a lot better than I had 3 weeks ago. I didn’t feel weak anymore. I felt more or less the same as I did before the incident. Apart from the fact that I’m almost 6 months pregnant and I’m getting kicked in the stomach a lot from mine and Ross’ baby boy, Shor Lynch.

I stared at Ross’ beautiful face. He had dark circles under his eyes from lack of sleep and a slight frown on his face. He must be having a bad dream. I looked over to the bedside table and saw Ross’ phone. If I got it, I would see who the text was from. “Yes!” I said out loud. My eyes widened and I immediately put my hand over my mouth and looked at Ross. He murmured and shifted in his seat but stayed asleep. I gave a sigh of relief. I slowly reached over Ross to the bedside table. My fingers were just a couple of centimetres from the phone when it beeped loudly. I yanked my hand away as Ross sat up quickly. “Hey Cassidy” he said groggily. He ran a hand through his messy blond hair then reached for his phone. He read the text then frowned. I raised my eyebrow in a confused way but didn’t say anything. He looked up at my confused face then said “I have to go. I’ll pick you up later today” I frowned “where are you going?” He hesitated. “I have to go meet some people. I’ll be back later, I promise.” He kissed me lightly on the lips then left. I was stunned. He was leaving his pregnant fiancée that was in hospital to meet some friends? Something was up.

I was bored out of my mind for the next few hours. The doctor came in and said “you can go. Is anyone here to take you yet?” I shook my head “Ross will be here soon. He promised.” The doctor nodded and left. 2 hours later Ross ran into the room. He was breathing so heavily, I would have sworn he had just run a marathon. “Sorry...I’m late...fell...asleep...” He said imbetween breaths. I sighed “it’s okay. Can we go now?” I said a little irritated that he would rather sleep than see me. He nodded and held out his hand for me to take. I looked at it for a couple of seconds then took it. Ross pulled me up with ease. He grabbed my coat and helped me into it then took my hand and led me to his car. Around his car were 3 black ones. 6 people (a couple of years older than Ross) were standing with their arms folded leaning against their cars. “Oh no” Ross mumbled. I looked at his face “who are they?” anger struck his face. “There nobody, forget it.” I was stunned by his sudden aggressiveness. He tightened his grip on my hand and pulled me away from the people. I stayed where I was. “Ross. I’m not leaving until you tell me who those people are.” He gave me a look “Cassidy. Come on!” We stood glaring at each other for a moment.

I thought of an idea. I’ll start walking with Ross and when he gets in front of me, I’ll turn and run to the people standing by his car and ask who they are. I smiled at my plan. “I’ll come with you” I smiled sweetly at me. He gave me a genuine smile and said “thank you” he kissed me on the lips and started walking. I walked by his side and when he got in front I turned and ran. “Cassidy? Get back here now! Cassidy! CASSIDY!!!” I ignored him and sprinted the whole way to the people with the black cars. “Look who it is. Ross’ cute little girlfriend. She’s fat.” I gawped at his comment. “I’m his fiancée not girlfriend. I’m not cute. Fat?? Are you kidding me? I’m pregnant!” It was his turn to gawp. “Your engaged to Ross and your pregnant?” I nodded. He smirked. I could hear Ross footsteps running. “Get her.” One of the guys said. 2 guys grabbed me and lifted me into the van. When Ross came, there was a lot of shouting and in the end he was thrown into the van beside me

I must have somehow fallen asleep because when I woke I was on the floor in a large, dark room chained to a wall. I saw Ross laying next to me. “Ross?” I asked. He didn’t wake up. “ROSS” I shouted at him. He woke up and sat up so quickly, he banged his head on the wall. “Oooww!” He moaned. “Sorry Ross” I whispered. He looked at me and his face softened “Cassidy! I didn’t realise it was you. Are you ok? Are you hurt?” I started crying. He crawled over to where I was sobbing and hugged me. “I’m so sorry Cassidy.” I didn’t hug him back. “Whats wrong, babe?” My jaw hit the floor. “Whats wrong?? Are you kidding me?? You didn’t tell me who the texts you got where from, you didn’t want me to come over here, now we have been kidnapped and your asking me whats wrong???!!!” Smoke was literally coming out of my ears by the time I was finished, I was so angry. He thought everything was ok? “I’m so sorry Cassidy. I’ll never lie to you again. Please forgive me?” I looked up into his puppy dog eyes and my heart softened. I was always a sucker for his eyes. “Ok, I forgive you...on one condition” he smiled “anything” I thought for a couple of seconds. “Tell me who the texts where from and why you were hiding them from me.” His smiled faded. He nodded and took a deep breath and started talking.

“I’m...in a gang” my jaw dropped. “what?” I whispered. “I’m in a gang. That’s why I always had to rush off and I was getting texts from the leader. The leader forced me to join and I refused. He said he would hurt you if I didn’t join and I didn’t want that so I joined. I didn’t want you to know, incase you hated me and left me. If you left me, I don’t know how I could live. I love you so much, Cassidy. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me. Do you still love me?” I was too shocked to speak. I looked into Ross’ eyes and I could tell he was waiting for my answer. “I still love you, Ross. Theres nothing you can do to make me not love you.” He smiled and hugged me. This time I hugged back. “Everything’s ok now, Cassidy” I pulled away. “Actually, everything isn’t ok. We’re locked up in this room, we have no idea where we are and no one knows we’re here” He looked around the room then back to me “I have a plan, but I’m going to need your help.”