Chapter 11

I woke up at 5:30am on Monday morning to the sound of my alarm clock. I got up and had a nice, long, hot shower. I got dressed into some pink shorts, a white tank top, a chequered purple cardigan and some purple converse. I went downstairs and grabbed a piece of toast before saying bye to my dad. It was only 7am and I didn’t need to be at school until 8:30am but I wanted to go to my special place at the beach before I started. It took me 10 minutes to walk to the beach. It was deserted apart from the people I saw running now and then. I sat down on a rock behind the cave and let my thoughts take me away. I thought of Ross. I hadn’t heard from him for over 3 months! The last time I talked to him he had cheated on me and wanted me to forgive him. Then he told me he was going back to LA. Great timing!  

I was thinking about if Ross still liked me after he went to LA. He would be back in a couple of months so I could ask him. I was still thinking staring into the waves when my phone buzzed. That meant it was 8:00am and it was time to walk to school. I sighed but got up and started making my way to my school.

When I entered the school I saw lots of people laughing and talking catching up with each other. I started walking to my locker when the bell for first period went. I had maths with Miss Hepworth, she’s really nice but hates it if anyone is late to her lessons. I grabbed my maths books and started walking to class. I sat at my usual seat at the back of the classroom and started copying out the notes she was writing on the white board. About 10 minutes into the lesson the head teacher-Mr Parkinson- came in with a girl I had never seen before, she stood behind him. She had short curly black hair with brown eyes quite tall and very pretty. Mr Parkinson introduced her to the class as Leah Wilde. Miss Hepworth told her to go and sit in the only available seat, which happened to be next to me. We got to know each other. I decided I really liked her; she was kind, funny and generous helping me with some sums. I said to her “can I look at your timetable?” she nodded and passed it to me. “No way! You’re in all of my lessons!” she said “Yay!” and we both laughed. The rest of the day went pretty fast.

The bell went for lunch, Leah and I made our way to the cafeteria. We each got a sandwich and sat down at a table. I saw Mitchel looking at me. I always had a big crush on Mitchel. “Who are you looking at?” Leah asked. I sighed. “Promise you won’t tell?” she gave a little laugh “who am I going to tell?” I laughed to and then looked at her. “Mitchel, you see that guy with the shiny black hair, tall, totally gorgeous?” Leah looked around and nodded. “The guy that’s staring at you?” “Yeah! Well I sort of kinda fancy him...” Leah raised her eyebrow. “There’s nothing to be ashamed of! He’s hot!” I gave a laugh then became serious as I saw Mitchel heading towards me. “Omg! Mitchels coming over here! Don’t say anything stupid!” Leah laughed but agreed.

Mitchel came and stood by our table right next to me and said in his sexy voice “Hey Cassidy” I blushed and said “Hi Mitchel” he chuckled and said “meet me after school at your locker?” I smiled and nodded. He gave me one last smile and walked away. “Wow” I said to Leah, stunned by what just happened. She laughed as the bell went for 5th period. I stood up and said “Let’s go!” she didn’t move. “Leeaaaah come onnn!” she giggled. I sighed and grabbed her arm and dragged her to History. The lesson went pretty quick and when the bell went for end of the day I said bye to Leah and headed for my locker to meet Mitchel.

When I got to my locker, I found Mitchel leaning against it. When he saw me, he smiled. I blushed. “Hey Cassidy, do you wanna take a walk on the beach?” “Sure!” what else was I supposed to say? I wasn’t going to turn down Mitchel Finister!

We started walking side by side to the beach. There wasn’t that many people at the beach because it wasn’t that sunny. It was pleasant but quite windy. I didn’t mind though. Mitchel took me behind a large wall so we were blocked off from the rest of the beach. He turned to me and said “You look great!” I replyed with “Thanks” “you know Cassidy, I didn’t recognise you when I saw you this morning, I thought you were a new girl” I looked at him confused. “why would you think that?” I asked. “Because before the holidays you had glasses, different hair colour and you were... Urm...” “Fat?” I added helpfully. “NO! Not fat just...fatter than you are now! Anyway as I was saying before the summer you looked different and now you look...” I looked at him hoping he was going to say something nice. “Gorgeous” he finished off. I gasped and looked in his blue eyes. “Really?” He gazed straight into my eyes and said “Really.” He took a step towards me, still looking in my eyes. He took a couple more steps until he was right in front of me. He slowly leaned down until his lips touched mine. Electricity ran right the way through me. I started to enjoy the kiss when someone behind us said “Cassidy??!!” I pulled away from Mitchel to find Ross standing there with a shocked look on his face. “Urm...Ross...” was all I could say.