Chapter 19

I got into my house and ran up to my room. I jumped on my bed and lay head down crying my eyes out. I got a text. It was from Riker. It said “Cassidy, Ross felt super bad about today, can you forgive him? Don’t be mad, we all love you, Riker xx” I frowned at this text. I’m sure Ross loved me, and every other girl. Including Leah. I felt so depressed. I walked over to the bath and started running it. I let it run for 10 minutes until it was right to the top. I went to go and get my phone to text Riker. My text said “Riker, tell all the Lynches thanks for being there for me. I don’t deserve to live. Goodbye” I sent the text and threw it on my bed. This was it. I slowly walked over to the bath. I looked at it for a minute. I grabbed the razor I had on my bathroom cabinet and slid it across my wrist. I screamed out in pain. My dad came knocking on the door “Cassidy? Are you ok? I heard a scream” I needed to get rid of him so I could do what I wanted to do. Die.” I’m fine dad” I lied “I saw a spider” my voice cracked under the pain of my wrist. I hope he wouldn’t notice. “Well ok sweetie. Try not to kill yourself with the spider!” he laughed and left. I let out a fake laugh and continued cutting. Crimson blood leaked down my hand onto the floor. I gasped. It felt so painful but somehow soothing. I carried on cutting until I had cuts from my wrists to my elbows on both arms.

I heard loud screams downstairs that sounded like the Lynches. Shit! They must have gotten my text about wanted to end my life. “CASSIDY!” I heard them yell. “CASSIDY DON’T DO THIS PLEASE!” I even heard Ross. “CASSIDY, I LOVE YOU, DON’T LEAVE ME!” They sounded as if they were running up the stairs. I quickly stepped into the bath with all my clothes on. I didn’t deserve to live. I took one last breath and went underwater. I could hear the faint sound of banging on the door. Everything was so peaceful under here. I wish I could stay here. I felt the oxygen run out of my lungs. This was it; I could either live and be unhappy or die and be happy. I stayed under water. My choice had been made. One second before I drifted out of conciseness I felt my body being moved and loud screams. Then it was black.

I saw a bright light. It was a large white door that was glowing. I slowly walked up to it and pushed it open. On the other side I saw Ross. He looked amazing. He was dressed in white and had angel wings. I walked up to him as he held his hand out for me to take. “It’s not your time” he said in an angel like voice. “What do you mean??” Then I heard a menacing laugh from behind me. I whirled around and saw Ross again. This time he was wearing red and had devil horns. “You started this Cassidy!” He dragged me towards a big hole that opened up from the ground. He pushed me into it. I fell down and down and down. It was so dark while I was falling I couldn’t see anything. All I heard were my high pitch screams. At last I fell to the ground with a thud. Strangely I didn’t feel any pain apart from my wrists. When I looked I saw lot’s of red scrapes. I heard people shouting my name. They sounded vaguely familiar. One sounded like my mum. I turned around and she was stood behind me holding a knife. “How could you do this Cassidy? I died for you and this is how you repay me? Now it’s your turn!” My mum came towards me holding the knife above her head. I started screaming for help. “No one can hear you” My mum smirked and the knife came down and stabbed me right in my heart.

My eyes opened and I was in a hospital bed with the Lynches my dad and some doctors surrounding me. Everyone was looking at me and grinning. “She’s awake!” called Riker.  I screamed at the shock of everyone being there, but it came out weakly. When I reached up to feel my mouth I was wearing some sort of mask. I screamed again and tried to take the mask off. The doctors grabbed my hands and put them by my side. “The oxygen mask is to help you breath Cassidy. Please leave it!” one of the doctors said. I yelled “I don’t want to breathe!” and started crying. I saw everyone’s worried expressions. “Why won’t everyone leave me alone?” I wailed. I felt someone squeeze my hand. I looked up and it was Ross. I yanked my hand away from him and yelled “Get off me Ross! You’re the reason I don’t want to live” I started crying harder while everyone gasped. “She doesn’t mean it Ross, she's just tired” My dad said to him. “I do mean it! I am tired, of you all pestering me!” I yanked off all the wires that were in my arms and got out of bed. I was planning on running away but as soon as I got up my knees were weak. The pain was too much to bare. I collapsed and once again everything went black.