Chapter 16

When I opened the door, I was speechless. Stood before me was Leah. “Leah?? What are you doing here?” Leah smiled. “Oh hey Cassidy, I just came round because Ross texted me, he said he was bored.” I instantly felt upset. How could Ross feel bored? He told me he was having an amazing time. “Oh” I said when I found my words. Ross came to the door and hugged my from behind. I shrugged him off. “Leah smirked and said “I’ll come back later Rossy boo, don’t worry” She walked off. I closed the door and turned to face Ross. “You were bored with me, Rossy boo?” Ross looked down. “I wasn’t bored! I just...wanted some other company.” “What? So I’m not good enough for you anymore? You ‘wanted some other company’ so you asked the girl that was my best friend, the girl that sent me those aweful texts and the girl who you used to like to come round??” Ross looked me in the eyes. “Look Cassidy, I don’t see why you’re jealous of Leah; it’s not as if I love her...” My jaw dropped. “J-J-J- JEALOUS OF LEAH?” I screamed at him. “You can have that bitch! We’re over! You were probably only pretending to love me anyway” I opened the door and ran out. He didn’t try to follow me; he just stood there gawping at what I had just said.

I ran to the beach with tears streaming down my face. I ran into someone. “Oops, I’m...s-sorry” I stuttered. “Cassidy??!” I looked up and through my tears I saw Riker, Rocky, Ryland and Rydel. “Ohmigosh!!” I cried with happiness and hugged them all. They laughed but soon became serious. “Why were you crying?” I sighed. This felt exactly like before when Ross was cheating on me. I told them the whole story about Leah and the texts. They were silent while I was talking. Rocky was the first one that pulled me into a hug. “I’m so sorry Cassidy” I looked at him “You didn’t do anything! Anyway why are you back from LA?” Rocky laughed. “We wanted to see our favourite girl, plus Ross came back here and we kinda needed the extra person of our band” I laughed and hugged him again.

I looked at Rydel and she looked thoughtful. “I know!” She cried out after about a minute of everyone talking to each other. We all just looked at her strangely. Riker said “What do you know Rydel?” Rydel beamed. “Ross for some weird reason doesn’t want Cassidy but maybe if he can’t have her, he’ll want her! Guys always want something they can’t have!” Ryland said “Oh, I think I get it! Rydel is trying to say Cassidy should go out with someone to make Ross jealous!” I raised an eyebrow. “That sounds good but who would fake date me? I mean we would have to kiss and stuff...” Rocky looked up. “I’ll do it” He said. Everyone looked at him. Rydel said “You will?” Rocky nodded. “I’ve never told anyone this but I really like you Cassidy. I never told you because I knew how much you were into Ross. So, will you fake date me?” I looked at Rocky, he looked kind of nervous. “Really? I never knew! Of course Ill fake date you!” I said and pulled him into a hug. I could feel him smiling into my hair.

We were all sitting on the beach planning what Rocky and mines first date would be. “It has to be somewhere were Ross will see...” Riker stated. “This is insane but I think I have an idea...” Ryland said. “Whats the idea bro?” Said Rocky. “Well, it’s bad but you could always take the easy option and make out on the couch in our house so when Ross comes home he’ll see you...” Rydel beamed. “Yeah, that would work! Do you think you guys could do that??” She asked me and Rocky. “Yeah!” We both said in unison. Riker got his phone out to call Ross. “Hey Ross...I’m fine dude! Just calling to say we are going to play video games tonight wanna come? ... Great! See you there!” he hung up and said “Let’s go!”

We walked to their house and Ryland unlocked the door. Rocky said “you guys go upstairs and we’ll...get comfortable” he smirked at me. I just rolled me eyes and said “shut up!” he laughed while the others went upstairs. We went into the living room. “You sure you wanna do this?” I asked Rocky nervously. “Heck yeah! Lie down on the sofa” he said. I lay down and he got on top of me. “We don’t have to start kissing until we here Ross come in” he said. We waited and about 5 minutes later we heard the door click open and Ross said “I’m here guys!” “Now!” Rocky whispered. His lips met mine and we started passionately kissing. I ran my hand through his soft hair while he felt my back a little. We heard a loud gasp behind us and Rocky lifted his head. We saw it was Ross. He looked shocked and angry at the same time. He walked forward and grabbed Rocky by his shirt collar and pushed him against the wall. “What do you think you were doing with my girl?” He yelled in his face. I spoke up. “I’m not your girl Ross. Why do you care anyway, you can have Leah” Ross let go of Rocky and said “Cassidy...” He said in a softer voice “I don’t like Leah like that, you should know by now that I love you, not her” “she doesn’t seem to think that” I muttered. Ross’ voice had got anger in it. “God Cassidy, will you stop being jealous for one minute? I’m trying to apologize here!” this made me get annoyed. “Well all you ever talk about is Leah! At least Rocky likes me and only me!” Ross shouted at me “Well you can have Rocky! But I know that you were just using him” “I was not!” “Yeah whatever. Go kiss him then” “Fine I will!” I yelled and I pulled Rocky close to me and started making out with him hardcore. I put my arms around his neck and he pulled me close so there wasn’t any distance between us.

I heard Ross quietly say “Ok Cassidy I get it now.” I wasn’t going to give up that easily. I deepened the kiss with Rocky. Ross spoke louder “Cassidy stop kissing Rocky! I told you, I love you!” This didn’t stop me. Rocky was getting the idea and his hands were resting on my bum. “Rocky, don’t” I heard Ross say. Rocky carried on with his wandering hands. It didn’t bother me. I could tell Ross was getting extremely angry now and shouted “ROCKY GET OFF CASSIDY!” When Rocky didn’t respond Ross grabbed Rocky’s shirt collar ripped him away from me and threw him to the ground and started punching him in his face.