Chapter 4

I woke up to a sound of voices calling my name. I was in a hospital bed surrounded by Ross and the Lynches!!! “She’s awake!”Called Rocky. “I’ll go and get a doctor” said Riker. “Wwww what happened?” I asked wondering why on earth the Lynches were around me in a hospital bed. “You seriously don’t know what happened?” started Ross “urrrmm...?” “I left you on the beach in that place behind the cave and went to our van and we were on our way home and...” I gasped. “I remember now! You ran me over!” “Urm...yeah I...sorry about that” “its fine. At least I haven’t missed much school right?” I let out a nervous laugh as all the Lynches looked at each other. “Actually, you’ve been in a coma for almost a month now.” Said Rydel. “WHAT?” I cried starting to sit up. That was a mistake. As soon as I sat up lots of machines started beeping crazily and a doctor rushed in. “don’t try and get up Cassidy, you’re still weak. My name is Doctor Carral” the doctor informed me that I wasn’t allowed to leave the hospital for at least another 2 days so that they could do scans.

“Look, Cassidy, I’m SO sorry I didn’t see you in the road...” Ross looked at me sadly and reached for my hand. Even though I felt ok, when Ross touched my hand I suddenly felt weak. “Honestly Ross, it’s ok. I’ll forgive you if...” “If what?” Ross asked looking at me curiously.“If you sing to me when I get out of the hospital.” “Sing to you?” “Well, I’m not only a person that you met on the beach because I sprayed sand on you; I’m also your biggest fan” “Really? Thanks! Of course I’ll sing to you! I mean, I kind of owe you...” Ross Said looking at me like he did on the day when we were on the beach together.  

My mum and dad burst through the door at that moment. “Right, I want you Lynches out of my daughter’s hospital room” my dad said. “Why dad??” “What do you mean why? They ran you over!” “Dad!!! I’m sure they feel really bad for running me over I’m sure they didn’t do it on purpose and they were nice enough to stay by my bed until I got better. So their staying!” I shouted at him. “Enough Cassidy. Please leave Lynches.” My dad had made up his mind. All the Lynches started getting up and left but before Ross could go I grabbed his arm and said “Wait!” I looked around for a piece of paper. I found one on the table next to me. I ripped a corner off and wrote “Ross, Hey, I will always stay, by your side forever, cause we’re better together, like the waves need the sand to crash on, I need you to run my over with your van! :P” with my phone number underneath it. I handed it too Ross, he quickly read it then winked at me before leaving.

“Oh, Cassidy, you’re ok!”Said my mum with tears in her eyes. She sat down on the chair Ross had sat on and gave me a huge hug. “Muuuumm, can’t...breathe...” I choked. “Oh, sorry” I looked at my dad. He looked angry for some reason. After a minute of me staring at him he finally spoke. “What were you doing with that boy Ross at the beach?” I just blinked at him. What did he mean by what was I doing? “I wasn’t ‘doing’ anything with him dad! He just knew me because I accidentally sprayed him and his family with sand when I tripped...” “NO. Before your mother and I came in the room I heard Ross say you and him went behind a cave together, explain now” “DAD! I can’t believe you! Ross and I weren’t doing anything! He doesn’t even know me! He just happened to go around there when I was their that’s all now stop pestering me with all these insane questions! “CASSIDY! Do not talk to me like that! And I saw you give Ross your number if he does call you, you are not going to meet him!” my dad shouted. “WHY NOT?” I practically yelled in his face. “Because I forbid it” my dad looked really angry now. “DAD, you don’t even know Ross well enough...well at all so you can’t say that! He happens to be a really nice, totally gorgeous boy in a band with his siblings and he even has a Disney channel TV show called Austin and Ally that I watch every week. So you can shut up and say out of my life!” When I had finished my speech I yanked all of the wires that were taped to me, got out of the bed and ran out of the room, out of the hospital, out of my dad’s life.