Chapter 14

I started walking to Ross’ house. The guilt was killing me. I loved Ross but every time I saw Mitchel, he made me smile. I came to Ross’ house and pressed the doorbell. I only had to wait 5 seconds and the door opened revealing Ross. He looked good. He was wearing black skinny jeans with a chequered blue top with blue sneakers. “Wow you look great!” I said. He smiled and said “So do you” He leaned down and kissed me. I pulled away and said “What are we doing tonight?” he grinned and pulled me inside. “We’re watching Romeo and Juliet” “awesome!” I sat down on one of his large white sofas and started watching the movie while he went to get some popcorn. He came back with a large bowl of salted popcorn for us to share. He sat down next to me and I snuggled up to him and he put his arm around me. Moments like this are when I regret seeing Mitchel. I continued to watch the movie until the credits came onto the screen. Ross yawned. “Do you want me to go? You’re tired” I said getting up. Ross put his arms around my waist and pulled me back so I was sitting on his lap. I turned to look into Ross’ eyes and he said “Say you’ll stay?” I smiled and said “maybe” he laughed and pulled me into a kiss.

The next day I went into school early to look for Mitchel and found him sucking faces with the head cheerleader. I gasped and dropped the book I was holding. They broke apart and Mitchel looked at me with no emotion on his face and walked over. “Cassidy, we’re over, I found out about your little boyfriend Ross, go to hell” He walked away with his arm around the cheerleader. I was confused. How did he find out?

That night I went around to Ross’. We were watching some movies. When the first one had finished Ross muted the TV and pulled me into a kiss. 30 seconds later Ross pulled back and said “Whats wrong Cassidy?” I gave him a confused look and said “What do you mean?” He looked into my eyes and said “I know something’s up, you’ve been acting weird since you got here.” I looked away staying silent wondering if I should tell him about Mitchel. He put his hand under my chin so I would look at him. “Tell me” he whispered looking concerned. “I got up quickly before he could reach and held my hand so he would stay. “I’m so sorry Ross, I didn’t mean for it to go this far...” He slowly got up and said “Cassidy tell me what you’re talking about” I gave a big sigh and said in a small voice. “I’ve been cheating on you.” Ross looked shocked and took a couple of steps back. “I’m sorry” I said in a small voice. I turned around about to walk out the door when Ross grabbed my hand and pushed me onto the sofa. “Explain now!” He said with anger in his voice.

I looked at the floor and told him all about Mitchel and the beach and at school with him cheating. He was silent while I was talking. When I’d finished I looked up at him and he looked so sad and betrayed. “Ross, I am so sorry” I said and started crying. I heard him sigh then I felt his arms around me. I sobbed into his chest and he said “It’s ok” I pulled away from him and said “It’s not ok! Ross, why don’t you hate me?” He looked surprised. “Hate you?” “Yes, why didn’t you tell me to get out of your house and that we’re over?” I looked at him and about 30 seconds later he answered with “However much you cheat on me, however many guys you snog, I’ll always love you” I gasped and started crying again. “Ross...that’s so sweet” Ross smiled. I sighed. “Seriously, I don’t know how you forgave me. I’ve been a terrible girlfriend but if you are serious about still liking me then I promise I won’t ever cheat on you ever again, I will always love you” Ross smiled again and said “I seriously still like you” I hugged him.

My phone buzzed meaning I had a text. I pulled away from Ross to have a look. The message was from an unknown number, I clicked read and it read “So Mitchel found out about you and Ross did he? He didn’t deserve you anyway. Now I’m going to take Ross from you if it’s the last thing I do.”I gasped out loud. Ross looked at me and said “Whats wrong, babe?” I hesitated about showing him the text. “You love me don’t you?” he said. I smiled and said “Of course” and showed him the text. He read it then gasped. “Do you know who sent this?” He asked. “Nope, I have no idea. Do you know anyone that likes you?”He said “I don’t think so” I gasped. “Ross” He looked worried. “Yeah?” “What if this person gets you to break up with me?” He looked at me and smiled. “That’s not humanly possible” He smiled and kissed me.