Chapter 9

The hospital discharged me when they had done some final tests. We went back home and my mum said “Cassidy, you have 2 appointments tomorrow, so you need to set your alarm for 9:30am. You’re getting braces and having an eye appointment.” “Ok mum” I sighed. Braces. Even though I still liked Ross he definitely isn’t going to like me when I have robot teeth. I decided to go to my room and go to bed. “I’m going to go to bed mum” “ok darling night night.” I trudged up the stairs into my room. My room was quite big. It had yellow and purple walls and a light brown carpet. I had a double bed, a flatsceen TV and a Toshiba laptop. I loved my room but right now I loved my dreams! I got changed into my pj’s and got into bed.

That night I dreamt of what had happened on the beach with me and Ross. He kept kissing other girls and I was trying to chase after him. He was too fast. I felt everyone closing in on me, laughing. I woke up in a hot sweat. I decided to get up and have a shower even though it was 3am. When I’d showered I decided to go back to bed for a while, I was pretty tired. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

A few hours later I woke up hearing Heartbeat beating by Ross. That was my alarm. I slowly got out of bed and went to have a shower. When I had finished I got dressed into some demin shorts and a pink tank top. I went downstairs to have breakfast and found my mum waiting. “Here you go Cassidy” my mum handed me a piece of buttered toast. “Eat it, we’re going to the dentist in 5 minutes” my mum said. “Alright” she ran upstairs to get her purse and when she came back down again it was time to go. I pulled on my pink converse and followed my mum into the car.

I had braces. I actually think it went well. My teeth are sore but they don’t look to bad, I got purple braces because purple is my favourite colour. There was one good thing that the dentist said. I only had to have my braces on for 6 months because my gaps weren’t too big. My mum and I set off for the opticians. The optician shined a light in my eyes and told me to follow the light. I did as he said. “Well Mrs Monroe” the dentist said “Cassidy’s eyes have improved so much she doesn’t need glasses anymore. “OHMIGOSH REALLY?” he laughed and said “really!” I was so excited! I hated wearing glasses. I took them off and handed them to the optician. I looked at myself in the mirror. “Wow” I breathed as I looked at my reflection. I never knew that my eyes were so...green. I think I looked great. My mum finally managed to tear me away from the mirror and we went to the hairdressers. I told my mum all I wanted was to make my hair not frizzy anymore. My mum told the hairdresser if she could so anything and she smiled and nodded. She washed my hair put some shampoo and conditioner on it , washed it off and finished it off with some spray. Then she dried my hair. When she had finished I looked in the mirror and a tear slid down my cheek. I looked so...so...so beautiful! My hair was no longer light brown and frizzy, now I had long, wavy, shiny light brown hair with natural blond streaks peeking through. I looked amazing. When I got home all my dad could say was “Cassidy? Wow” but it was true, I looked completely different than I had the day before. I felt better and more confident. I can’t wait to see what Ross thinks! Oh yeah, he’s in LA...

I just need to tell you guys that the bit about Cassidy’s glasses getting off and getting a haircut was not my idea. I had help from ShorLover612 so make sure to check out her story- The Adventures of a Nerd-A Ross Lynch Fan Fiction.