Chapter 25

There was silence for about a minute until everyone started cheering and clapping. Everyone apart from my dad. All the Lynches ran up to Ross and myself and started hugging and congratulating us both. After hugging everyone about 5 times I looked at where my dad was sat to find he was no longer there. I turned to Stormie “do you know where my dad went?” She thought for a moment “I think he said he was going for some fresh air. I smiled at her “thanks.” I walked over to my front door and opened it. Even though at the beach I had my special place, my dad always thought of that as his special place too because he and my mum used to go there for dates.

As soon as I closed the door and started walking down my path I heard the door open again. “Cassidy? Where are you going?” I turned around to see Ross. “I don’t think my dad is happy about me being married and pregnant” Ross walked over to me “why do you think that?” “Because when we were hugging everyone he left” I sighed. “Do you know where he went?” I looked up into his concerned eyes. “I think he went to the beach, so if you need me, I’ll be there” Ross took another step towards me “do you want me to come?” I hesitated. “I should probably go alone.” He sighed but nodded. “OK, call me if you need me” “will do.” He gave me a hug and a quick kiss and headed back into the house while I started walking to the beach.

When I got to my special place I found my dad sitting on a rock with his head in his hands. It looked like he was crying. “Dad? Are you ok?” He looked up with a tear stained face. His expression was sad mixed with anger. “Do you think I’m ok?? My daughter is married and pregnant at 16!!!!” I was hoping he wouldn’t have reacted this badly. “Look dad, I didn’t mean to get pregnant but I love Ross and he is going to help me raise the baby.” My dad stood up. “You love him do you?? Well when he ditches you for another girl don’t come crying to me” I was so shocked. “DAD!” “Shut up Cassidy, I’ve had enough of you. Leave” he snapped at me. “you cant tell me to leave! You don’t own the beach!” He walked towards me this time when he spoke his voice was cold and hard “I didn’t mean for you to leave the beach you pathetic girl, I meant for you to leave my life.” I was stunned. Leave his life? “W-w-what does that m-mean?” I said trying to hold back my tears. “It means I want you out of my house and as far away from me as possible” I was so angry now. “FINE I’LL LEAVE. ILL GO AND LIVE WITH MY BOYFRIEND! ATLEAST HE TREATS ME WITH RESPECT” while I was walking away I muttered “stupid bastard.” I thought he hadn’t heard me but he had. I heard heavy footsteps coming behind me. I felt a hand on my shoulder digging into my skin, it was obviously my dad. He spun me around and I was about to say something when he punched me right in my nose. Blood was gushing out. I fell to the floor. The last thing he said before he left was “be packed and out of my house by the end of the day.”

It took me a couple of minutes to register what had just happened. My nose was throbbing and blood was getting everywhere. I took my phone out and dialled Ross’ number. “Hello?” “Ross, its Cassidy” I said through tears. “Cassidy what’s wrong??” “My dad took the news really bad and he kicked me out of my house and punched me in the nose” “HE DID WHAT?? CASSIDY IM COMING STAY WHERE YOU ARE!” he hung up. I started sobbing quietly to myself. I felt a hand on my shoulder so I expected it to be Ross but when I turned around I saw a girl. She was really tall and had blond hair and blue eyes. She was stunning. “Whats the matter?” she said. “I...err...hi?” she must have thought that I was stupid. She gave me a smile and said “Oh sorry, I’m Kimberly and you are?” “Cassidy” “That’s a nice name! What happened to your nose?” I told her the story and she listening looking genuinely concerned. When I’d finished she was speechless. “I’m so sorry! I can’t believe your dad kicked you out!” I sighed “Yeah, now I don’t have anywhere to go” “Well you can stay at mine for a few days but I don’t think my parents will let you live their” I gave her a grateful smile when I heard Ross calling my name.

“Ross, I’m here” I called. He saw me and ran over to me with his brothers and Rydel. “What happened? And who’s this?” asked Riker referring to Kimberly. Ross interrupted by saying “never mind that! Where’s the wet towel?” Rocky handed him the wet towel and went and starting chatting to Kimberly. Ross gently pressed the wet towel against my bloody nose. I winced but didn’t say anything. When the bleeding had stopped I told them what had happened. “Where are you going to go?” asked Ryland. “I don’t know” I said through tears. “She’s coming to live with us” Ross said. He helped me up and hugged me. “Come on, let’s go home” He said softly. Kimberly went with us as well. Rocky had taken a liking to her.

When we got back to the Lynches house Stormie and Mark had worried and concerned expressions as I told them the whole story. “That’s aweful Cassidy! You can live with us, you’re like family to us anyway” Riker cut in “she is family now because her and Ross are getting married!” I glanced at Ross and smiled. He returned the smile then said “so she can live here now?” Mark said “Of course. Ross, you and Cassidy can have the spare room” We all hugged. When it was time for Kimberly to go home we exchanged numbers and we promised each other to hang out. Rocky was also very keen on the idea of seeing Kimberly again.

*2 weeks later*

I had settled into the Lynches house. I had moved into the spare room with Ross. I was sitting on Rydel’s bed looking at baby clothes. Ross and I decided to have the wedding after the baby was born because I was already starting to get a baby bump. Ross came into the room and said “want to go for a walk, Cassidy?” I nodded and got up. We headed for the park because it was nice and peaceful. Ross and I were talking about the baby when Ross suddenly said “Cassidy move!” I just stayed still. “What?” Before I knew it a girl ran into me and I was on the floor. She had blackish brown hair with blond highlights and chocolate brown eyes. She was crushing my belly. She quickly got off and apologized. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t see where I was going!” I laughed and said “It’s alright” Ross was giving her a death glare. I elbowed him and he gave a small smile. I noticed the girl was a lot shorter than me “what’s your name?” I asked. “Tajai” “Wow that’s such a unique name! Im Cassidy and this is Ross” “Nice to meet you.” Suddenly a wave of pain came from my stomach and I doubled over screaming in pain. “Cassidy? Whats wrong?” Ross asked sounding concerned. “I don’t know!” I said imbetween screams. “We’re going to the hospital, now! Bye Tajai!” “Bye!” I heard her call.

I was in a hospital bed waiting for the results of what had happened. Ross was waiting with me holding my hand. I felt sweat on my forehead. I was really nervous and hoping that nothing would happen to the baby. “I’m scared Ross” I whispered. “I know everything is going to be ok” He said. He was trying to sound calm but his voice sounded a bit panicked. After what seemed like hours waiting a doctor finally came into the room holding a clipboard and a pen. “Is the baby ok?” Ross asked sounding really worried. The doctor looked at us sympathetically “I’m sorry” He started.