Chapter 17

I screamed at Ross “GET OFF ROCKY!” Ross didn’t listen he just kept punching his brother. I tried to jump on Ross’ back to make him stop punching Rocky but he threw me off. I screamed up the stairs “RIKER HELP!” about 5 seconds later Riker came sprinting down the stairs. “Cassidy?? What happened?” “ROSS IS BEATING UP ROCKY!” Riker ran into the living room and tore Ross away from Rocky and pinned him down. Ross was struggling to get free because Riker was bigger than him. Riker called to Ryland and Rydel to help him hold Ross down. I would have helped him but Rocky needed me more. I went over to Rocky. His face was covered in blood. “Rocky, stay here” I told him. He just nodded in response, lying still on the floor. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a tea towel and soaked it in warm water. When I entered the living room once again Rydel and Ryland were helping Riker keep Ross away from Rocky. I kneeled by Rocky and gently started dabbing his face with the wet tea towel. He winced a bit but didn’t say anything. When I was finished he pulled me into a hug and whispered “Thanks Cassidy” I didn’t say anything, I just hugged him back.

When Ross finally calmed down, Riker, Rydel, Rocky and Ryland went upstairs to play video games and left Ross with me in the living room. Ross was sitting on the sofa looking down with his fists clenched. “How could you do this to me Cassidy? With my own brother!” I silently walked over to the sofa and sat down next to me. “I was jealous.” I said simply. He looked from the floor to my eyes. “Jealous of what?” He whispered. “You and Leah” I said is so quietly but he still heard me. “Cassidy, I never ment to hurt you with Leah. She was acting as if me and her were a thing but we weren’t. I used to like her but not anymore. I love you. But you really hurt me when you were making out with Rocky. You could of picked any guy and you picked my brother?” I stayed silent for a minute trying to think of a response. The whole time I felt Ross staring at me. I finally came out with “If what you say is true about you not liking Leah then I’m sorry I acted jealous. I chose Rocky because I knew he was the closest person to you to make you jealous.” Ross didn’t say anything. I eventually looked at him and he said “Oh Cassidy, I’m so sorry” and pulled me in to a hug. I pulled back. “I’m sorry Ross, but I think we should break up”

Ross gawped at me. “What?” I was even taken by surprise about what I had just said. “It’s too much for me to handle. All this cheating on each other! When we both calm down, if you still like me, then we can get back together in a month or two.” Ross looked at me with puppy dog eyes. “Cassidy please don’t do this.” He whimpered. Don’t look at the eyes Cassidy, don’t look in the eyes! “I’m sorry Ross” I said avoiding his gaze. I got up and walked out of the house.

When I got to my own house, I made some sandwiches for my dad then went up to my room. I was too upset about what had happened. I started listening to music. When an R5 song stay you’ll stay came on I started crying. I loved Ross but we needed a break. If we really loved me he would let me go. That’s the expression. My phone buzzed, meaning I had a text. I walked over to my drawers and picked up my phone. I had a text from Rocky. It said ‘I heard you broke up with Ross, he’s taking it really badly. He’s still in the same place you left him sitting on the sofa, staring into space. Even though he all try to comfort him, he doesn’t do anything. Sorry about everything Love Rocky xx” I sat down on my bed. Ross was talking the break up badly? To be honest I would have thought he would have gone out all stroppy but not, not doing anything. I felt bad for him... 5 minutes later when I finally stopped talking to myself, I texted Rocky. I said ‘Thanks for updating me Rocky! Sorry about your face...Hope it’s better soon ;)’ I pressed send and chucked my phone onto my drawers. My phone beeped again. I picked it up to see another text from Rocky. I quickly read the text and screamed “OH MY GOD!” and rushed out of my house as fast as I could.