Chapter 24

I ran into my bedroom and jumped on the bed where Ross was sleeping. I shouted his name to wake him up. “Ross! Rooosss!! ROSS!” I shouted right in his ear and he fell out of bed. “What did you do that for?” He moaned as he climbed back into my bed pulling the covers over him and shutting his eyes, getting into a comfy position. “I’m pregnant” I said. His eyes shot open and he stared at me with a shocked expression.

“Are you sure?” He asked. “Certain” I said while handing him my pregnancy test. Ross’ expression changed from shocked to loving. “I will stay and take care of the baby with you, I promise I will never leave you however hard it gets.” Tears rolled down my cheeks “Really? Ross...I love you so much!” He wiped my tears away and hugged me “I know, I love you too.” I pulled back with an anxious expression on my face. “What are we going to tell our parents, how are we going to tell them? We’re 16 Ross! My dad trusted me, he left me to go on a business trip and he comes back and I’m pregnant?” I was freaking out. Somehow Ross managed to stay calm. “We’ll tell them together” the sound of his voice calmed me down. “There’s going to be another Lynch in the family” he said smiling. I frowned at his comment “I’m not a Lynch though...I’m a Monroe” Ross gazed into my eyes “You can be a Lynch if you want” I gasped “What?” He got out of bed and walked over to his jacket, which he put on a coat hanger on the door, and took out a small black box. Before I knew it he was kneeling down on one knee. “Cassidy Monroe, will you do the honour of marrying me?”

I started crying again. “Of course I will!” I ran over to him hugging him while he was still on one knee. This action caused both of us to fall over me on top of him. He grinned at me “Excited much?” “No, not really” I laughed at his confused expression. “Of course Im excited!” I said getting up from him. He held my waist so I couldn’t get up. He brought my face down and whispered in my ear “baby names?” I hesitated. I hadn’t thought about the names. He chuckled, probably because I had a stupid expression on my face. He lightly kissed my lips before letting me get up. I held out my hand for him which he took. He grabbed my hand and placed the ring on my finger and hugged me tightly. He whispered in my ear “I will always be there for you, Cassidy Lynch” I smiled at him calling me by my new name. “How are we going to tell everyone that we are married and I’m pregnant?” Ross hesitated. “When we’re all together” I nodded.

Ross and I sat on my bed talking about baby names. “What about... Rommily for a girl?” I asked. His face lit up “I love it! What about Connor for a boy?” I laughed because he was choosing names being with C for Cassidy and I was choosing names beginning with R for Ross. “It’s amazing, you’re amazing, Ross.” Ross grinned at me and leaned forward. I closed my eyes waiting for his lips to touch mine. When it didn’t happen I opened my eyes to see Ross sitting their smirking. “You have some fluff in your hair” he said still smirking taking it out. Ross can be so annoying. I turned away from him. “Cassidy! Come on, I was kidding!” He put his hand under my chin so make me look at him. “If it’s a kiss you want, a kiss you will get!” I laughed and his lips landed on him.

I pulled away when I heard my phone ringing. I picked up “Hello?” “Hi, is this Cassidy Monroe?” “Yes” “my name is Diana Morris, I am calling because a couple of days ago you were supposed to have an appointment with me, but you didn’t come” I had completely forgotten about having to go see a shrink because I cut myself. “Oh sorry, I forgot. I won’t be attending these sessions because everything is fine now” “Well-“ “bye” I hung up and threw my phone onto the bed. “Who was that?” asked Ross. “Remember I said I was going to see a shrink after...what happened?” Yeah...” “I forgot to go and she called me” “Are you going to go?” “Nope my life is perfect now” Ross gave me a disapproving look but said “ok, whatever you say” I rolled my eyes at him.

*1 week later*

I was getting ready because my dad had returned from his business trip and the Lynches were coming round to have dinner with us. Tonight is mines and Ross’ opportunity to tell them about us being married and me being pregnant. I was standing in front of the mirror admiring my sky blue knee length silk dress. I don’t usually wear dresses but since it was mine and Ross’ night to tell everyone I thought I’d dress up. I was adding a little bit of makeup when I heard the doorbell ring. That meant the Lynches were here. I went down and hugged them all. When everyone went into my living room Ross grabbed my arm and pulled me back. “Ready?” he whispered. “I was born ready!” He grinned and we walked hand in hand into the living room. “Guys” Ross spoke up “Cassidy and I need to tell you something” Everyone looked at us. Ross looked at me telling me to talk “Me and Ross and getting married...” I heard happy gasps and a couple of cheers “...and I’m pregnant” There was silence.