Chapter 30

I woke up in a hospital bed surrounded by the Lynches. The first thing I noticed was that my belly was smaller. So small it looked like I wasn’t even pregnant, which was weird because I swore it was bigger the last time I checked. “What happened?” I said. Everyone was crying. “Cassidy...” Ross said through tears. I looked at him and his blonde hair was messed up and he had red puffy eyes. I reached out and took Ross’ hands in mine. “Tell me” I said softly. He took a deep breath then said “The baby didn’t make it.” I froze. “What” I whispered, hoping he was joking. The doctor came in and explained “Cassidy, when you got ill, unfortunately, the baby also got ill. The baby was already weak from the fall you had a few weeks ago. I’m sorry, your baby has been removed from your stomach and it was already dead.” The doctor and the Lynches became blurry because of my tears. “Can we have a moment alone?” Ross asked everyone. I heard mumbles for responses and footsteps. I suppose they all left because Ross sat on the edge of my bed and kissed my forehead.

“I’m so sorry Cassidy.” I gave a sad smile trying to be strong for him “I can’t believe this.” Ross gave me a gentle hug. “Mean either. We can always try again?” I hesitated. “I don’t know Ross.” Ross looked at my confused. “What do you mean? You don’t want to have another baby with me?” Anger rose inside of me “We didn’t even have a first baby. It’s dead Ross and you’re already thinking about having another one? Maybe you won’t be a good father after all. As soon as one thing goes, we get another one right?” I started crying my eyes out. I waited for Ross to hug and comfort me. When he didn’t I looked up to see he was stood still looking shocked. “How could you say that?” He whispered. “All I’ve done for you and the baby and I’d be a bad father?” He walked closer to me. “I said we should try and have another baby because I knew how much it meant to you.” He snapped.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “Well maybe I should be with Mitchel. He’s much more romantic and doesn’t like to rush things!” Ross came over and said “don’t you ever mention that name again.” I smirked “you mean Mitchel?” He slapped me hard on the cheek. I had great reflexes and kicked him in his privates and he doubled over. “You bitch” he snarled. I smirked. I was acting better than I felt. My cheek was throbbing, he gave hard slaps. “Run off to Leah, oh, and this time don’t come back.” His face turned red with anger “I’ve always loved Leah. Not you. Leah had said she didn’t like me so I made her jealous. We’ve been seeing each other for the past month behind your back. I was going to dump you when the baby came and now it’s gone. Good look with Mitchel, I hope he can hold in his vomit when he sees your face.” He ran out of the room, smashing everything in the process. I started screaming and crying and yelling.

I woke up gasping. I was in a hospital bed with Ross sat next to me. He had dark circled under his eyes, because of lack of sleep and his hair was sticking out in different directions. When he noticed me staring at him he said “Cassidy??? Oh my gosh your awake! DOCTOR SHES AWAKE!” Ross shouted. I looked up into his eyes and he smiled. “I was worried sick about you!” confused I answered “what do you mean?” He looked shocked “You’ve been in a coma for 2 months...” My jaw hit the floor. The doctor came in the room. Then it occurred to me. The baby. “Ross what happened to the baby? Is it ok?” The doctor looked at me and smiled “The baby is absolutely fine. Because you’ve been in a coma for 2 months, you are 5 months pregnant and you’re having a boy.” I beamed. “Ross! We’re having a boy!” I exclaimed. He ran and hugged me. It had been a dream. Ross didn’t hate me. Ross hadn’t been secretly dating Leah behind my back. I wasn’t going to be with Mitchel. The baby...I was having a son. Shor Lynch. 

Because I’d been in a coma for 2 months I wasn’t allowed to leave for 3 weeks, as the doctor would say, I’m still weak and fragile. Every day the Lynches would come in to visit me bringing gifts even though I tell them not too. Ross would always stay. He hadn’t left the hospital since I’d woken up. He brought an inflatable bed so that he could stay at the hospital until I was released. I had quite a large baby bump now. I was 5 and a half months pregnant. My hospital room was full of toys, cards and get well gifts from over the past 2 months.

I happily sighed as Ross came into my room holding a cup of hot chocolate. “Thanks babe.” I took the hot chocolate from him “I love you.” He smiled at me “I love you too Cassidy.” I looked at him with my eyebrows raised “I was talking to the hot chocolate...” He pretended to be hurt “I can’t believe you!” I rolled my eyes and said “I guess I love you too...” He smirked “good.” He kissed my nose and sat on a seat next to my bed. I gave him a smile and drank some of my hot chocolate. “Ow!” I yelled as the boiling liquid came in contact with my tongue. Ross rolled his eyes. “It’s a hot chocolate Cass. The temperature of the drink is in the name...” I stuck my burnt tongue out at him “stop trying to be smart.” He was about to say something when his phone beeped, meaning he had a text. Ross frowned and gave a little gasp when he read a text. “Whats wrong Rossy?” I asked. He quickly looked up and turned is phone off. “Haha nothing! Why would anything be wrong?” I frowned “who was that text from?” he hesitated “Urm...Rocky. He wants me to go home but I’m not leaving you.” I gave him a fake smile.

What was he hiding? He wouldn’t have that reaction if he had gotten a text from Rocky. Was he lying to me? I was going to find out one way or another.