Chapter 27

“Bye Cassidy.” I closed my eyes waiting for the sound of a gunshot. Sweat was trickling down my neck. A gunshot was heard and everyone in the room gasped. A throbbing pain was felt in my ankle. I opened my eyes wide when I heard another gunshot. I saw my dad on the floor. That’s the last thing I remembered before falling into Ross.

I was in a dark room. I couldn’t see anything. I could just hear the sound of my dad’s voice. I was replaying what had happened earlier that day. All the hurtful words that my dad had said to me. Him kidnapping me, chaining me to a wall and leaving me. Blaming me for killing my mum when it was the car crash. A small white light was seen above me. I looked up and my dad came floating down towards me. I looked back at the white light and more images of my father were coming towards me. When they reached me they started spinning in circles around my head. Each one saying something my dad had told me. “I never want to see you again. Get away from that pathetic boy. Shut up Cassidy. I’ve had enough of you. I want you out of my house and as far away from me as possible.” All these memories made me start crying. “STOP!” I shouted. They carried on talking. I got up trying to get them away. I was being lifted into the air by my dad and he dropped me. I was falling.

I woke up gasping in a hospital bed to see Ross sleeping. I sat up being careful not to rush and hurt the baby and I get out a gasp of pain. My ankle was throbbing. “Cassidy?” I looked over to see Ross looking at me with tears in his eyes. “Ross!” I cried. I hugged him tightly. I felt so safe when I was with him. When he finally let go I moved over to the edge of my bed so he could sit there. I patted the space next to me and he lay down. I started playing with his hair. My hands running through the blond silkiness. He looked up at me. I smiled. He sat up so his eyes were level with mine. “I’m sorry Cassidy, I love you.” He looked upset. “I love you too. What are you sorry for?” he hesitated and I look his chin in my hands to make him look at me. “Tell me” I whispered. “Your dads dead.”

I dropped my hands from his chin and my mouth hung open. “My dads...dead?” I whispered through tears. Ross nodded his head softly and he pulled me into a hug. I let the tears fall. Even though my dad did some nasty things to me, he was still my dad, and I loved him. Ross pulled away from my hug. Tears were falling from his eyes now “I’m so sorry Cassidy. Please don’t hate me.” I looked at him confused. “What do you mean?” Ross turned away from me and started to get off my bed. I caught hold of his shirt collar and pulled him back and wrapped my arms around him so he couldn’t move. “Tell me Ross.” I said. “I killed your dad.”

I immediately dropped my arms from around his shoulders. "Ross...Tell me what you mean” I whispered so quietly I could barely hear myself. “Your dad was about to shoot you, so I kicked his foot so he fell and I...” I looked at him slowly. “And you what?” He looked at me with sadness in his eyes “I shot him” He whispered. My eyes opened wide and I shrieked. “YOU WHAT?” Ross’ eyes widened in surprise at the sudden rise of my voice. “I’m sorry. I was just trying to save you” he said avoiding eye contact. “Get out” I said in a harsh tone. “What? Why Cassidy I-“ “leave me and never come back.” Tears started falling down his cheeks. “What about us Cassidy? I’m engaged to you and you have my baby. I can’t leave you” anger rose within me. “There is no us anymore Ross. You killed my dad. What did you expect me to do? Be happy my only parent is dead??? I’m looking after this baby by myself” I said my voice cold. I took of the engagement ring me gave me and threw it at him. “Get out of my life Ross Lynch. Don’t ever come back” I spat at him. Ross just stood there taking in everything I’d just said. Eventually he turned around and headed for the door. Before he left he turned around and shouted at me “EVERYTHING I DID, I DID FOR YOU!” He turned and ran out. I felt happier when he left. I hope I never have to see Ross Shor Lynch ever again.

I was so tired after yelling at Ross, I feel asleep. I next woke up with a very familiar face staring at me. “Kimberly?” I asked weakly. She nodded “Cassidy, I’m sorry about Ross...” I narrowed my eyes slightly at her “how did you know?” she hesitated before replying. “I was coming to the hospital to check on you and Ross ran into me crying. He told me everything and he still loves you. I know you love him too so don’t throw your relationship away because he killed your father trying to protect you.” I was shocked at the speech she’d just given. By the look on her face she was too. “I...urm....” I sighed. “I can’t forgive him Kimberly. You don’t understand. He killed the only parent I had left. Now officially I should be an orphan.” “And who’s been looking after you this whole time? Who took you in to their family? Who’s been super nice and supportive towards you?” “Ross” I mumbled. “That’s right. So don’t let this fight stop you being together. I suggest when you’re allowed to leave the hospital you go to Ross’ house and apologize” “technically, it’s my house now. If they kick me out I’m on the streets.”

A sudden thought hit me. I’d told Ross I didn’t want to marry him and that I’d take care of the baby myself. Surely Stormie and Mark aren’t going to allow me to live there any longer. I’m going to be homeless. Well...There is one person I could go too...