Chapter 10

*1 month later*

My mum had just taken me to the dentist to get my braces tightened, my gaps were closing nicely. When we got in the car and started driving, I heard a loud honk of a horn and screeching of brakes and that was the last thing I remember. I woke up in an ambulance next to my mum. I asked the man sitting next to my mum “what happened?” he replyed “you were in a car crash, you are fine but your mum got hit pretty bad. We’ll have to do scans but we’ll see if she’ll make it” we’ll see if she’ll make it??? Omg my mums going to die...tears spilled out of my eyes and I didn’t say anything the rest of the trip to the hospital, I just looked at my mum’s blood stained lifeless body.

*3 hours later*

My dad had arrived and we were sitting on chairs hugging each other when a man in a white jacket came over to us. “Mr Monroe?” dad looked at him tears in his eyes. “yes that me! is my wife ok? Can she come home now?” the doctor looked at us with a sad look in his eyes. “I’m sorry Mrs Monroe has passed away” “what??” my dad said with a look of horror on his face. “I’m sorry” the doctor said again. I was speechless. My mum... was dead. “You can have a last look at her if you want...” The doctor said. My dad and I got up to go and see my no longer existent mum.

She looked like an angel. Her hair was shiny and flowing past her shoulders. She looked so peaceful but her pale face showed no emotion. I reached for her hand. It was cold. I held it to my face and sobbed quietly while my dad was just stood looking at her unable to get into his head that she was no longer with us.

After an hour of saying goodbyes me and my dad walked out of the hospital hand in hand both crying leaving without my mum. After that, I stopped eating, I was too depressed. I was getting thinner by the week. School was due to start the following Monday. “Daaaaad!” I wailed “Do I have to go to school?” he looked me in the eyes. “Cassidy I know its been hard for you losing your mother, it’s been hard on me too but we have to get on with our lives” I sighed but agreed.