Chapter 39: Time To Say Goodbye Part 2

Third Person POV  

(F/N): "Years ago, this is where I kissed and said I love you." He looked at Yang. "To you."  

Yang: "What are you talking about?"

(F/N): "This is... the complicated part, I was created in this universe, but do to an event I was sent to a different one. There I eventually met you, Ruby, Blake, and Weiss, but do to a different event I was sent back to universe and saved you when you were a kid."

Blake: "That's..."

(F/N): "Hard to believe, I know. Part of the reason neither I nor the others told any of you was because we thought I was here permanently."

Blake: "You wanted to see us one last time in case you couldn't come back."

(F/N): "Bingo." Ruby wrapped her arms tightly around him.

Ruby: "You can't go!"

(F/N): "I have to Ruby, there are questions that need to be answered."

Ruby: "Can- can you promise you'll come back?"

(F/N): "I'll never make a promise I can't keep." She looks up with tears in her eyes. "I promise if I can come back, I will." He pats her head. "And we'll all go out for cookies."

Yang: "So what happened? Between you and the other me."

(F/N): "Nothing, even though you said you loved me nothing happened, and eventually my heart broke."

Yang: "Wow, it must have been strange seeing us as kids."

(F/N): "Yeah it was a pretty weird experience, raising the girls I had feelings for."

Blake: "Girls, you had feelings for us?"

(F/N): "Yep, including Weiss. If history repeats you four will form team RWBY led by Ruby. While Nora, Ren, Jaune, and Pyrrha will form team JNPR led by Jaune."

Ruby: "Ah! Sweet! I get to be the team leader!"

(F/N): "Well you're not going to be an effective leader if you don't get some sleep. Why don't you girl's head back inside, I'll be at Beacon Cliff when you wake up."

Ruby: "But I want to stay." She uses puppy-dog eyes, it isn't effective.

(F/N): "You know those stopped working on years ago."  He gets up and picks Ruby up. "Since none of you seem like you're moving on your own I guess I'll just have to carry you, and embarrass you more by telling bedtime stories."

Blake: "Please don't."

Blake gets up from bench and the girls go back to the ballroom for the night while (F/N) went back outside to the courtyard. When morning came he went to the Beacon Cliff to wait for the others, the first showing up were of course Ozpin and Glynda.

(F/N): "Good morning."

Ozpin: "Good Morning, weren't you going to stay with them last night?"

(F/N): "Nah, I just went there to see them, be a parent one last time sorta thing."

Ozpin: "The unknown is all that's left ahead of us, have you told the others?"

(F/N): "No, Raven did that for me, when she said good luck... she's hoping I make it back."

Ozpin: "I see." The students start arriving, I wave to Ruby and the others, but I can't help but notice there standing on different platforms then before. "For years you have-"

(F/N): "Before you start." I start rearranging the students till they're in the same spots as last time, wether they were willing to move or not. "Okay, continue."