Chapter 15: Freak Machine

(F/N) POV

I was changing in the team bathroom, instead of the school uniform I'd wear to class I put on black jeans with my new shirt. When I stepped out the girls gave mixed looks, Yang and Ruby were interested, while Blake was confused, Weiss was slightly annoyed.

Weiss: "Why aren't you wearing your uniform?"

(F/N): "I'm just going for attendance, is there really a need for me to wear it?" I went for the door, not caring about an answer, they didn't stop me from leaving ahead of them.

Voice: "They don't truly care, they just want to be your weakness so they can stab you in the back."

(F/N): "Maybe I shouldn't speak to Professor Goodwitch."

Voice: "One day you'll see I'm right, let's hope it's not too late by then."

Walking down the halls I could tell people were looking at me and when I entered Port's class even he seemed to look at me in surprise. Ignoring him I walked to my seat and took out me scroll, waiting for the class to start. Team RWBY finally arrived and acted similar to how they did on the first day, not talking to me, even Weiss who was still annoyed didn't say anything.

Voice: "Why do you stay with people who don't want you? You should leave, if they really cared they'd understand."

Before class started I stood up and began walking out, no one even tried to stop me from leaving, not even Port. I was wondering around the school, but there was nothing to do, the voice didn't even have to suggest it, I knew where I really wanted to go, Vale. After waiting for a Bullhead to arrive and finally reaching the city, I began looking around for anything interesting. I could tell people were looking at me, I could sense the fear or hate in them, but then there was one that I couldn't sense, I could feel it getting closer though. I turned around and see Penny standing behind me with a smile on her face.

Penny: "Hello friend!"

(F/N): "Hey Penny, what's up?"

Penny: "Not much, I saw you were walking alone and thought I'd join you."

(F/N): "Well... okay." I started walking again with Penny walking beside me.

Penny: "The weathers nice today."

(F/N): "Yeah." I wasn't interested in small talk.

Penny: "There's... birds in the sky."

(F/N): "Usually."

Penny: "Are you alright?"

(F/N): "It's complicated."

Penny: "I'm here if you want talk."

(F/N): "Thanks." We walked in silence for a moment.

Penny: "How are the others?" I stopped, my chest started to hurt a little.

(F/N): "Good... they're good, you?"

Penny: "Great! I don't get to go out that much, but I love looking around." I couldn't help but smile.

Voice: "She's caged just like you."

(F/N): "I know the feeling, I'm usually stuck at Beacon. Maybe... we could spend the day together?"

Penny: "That sounds wonderful!"

Third Person POV

While (F/N) and Penny were looking for someplace fun, team RWBY was called out of class to Ozpin's office. General Ironwood and Goodwitch were waiting there with Ozpin for the students to arrive. While the girls were walking to Beacon Tower they talked about (F/N) and how he's been behaving, the same thing Ozpin wanted to discuss.