Chapter 6: Grimmdice

(F/N) POV

It's been weeks since the school year started, we were in Professor Goodwitch's class, watching the match between Cardin and Jaune, who was getting exhausted, Cardin on the other hand just laughs at him. Jaune tries to charge but misses, Cardin just swings his mace at Jaune, sending him flying to the ground, to make it worse he loses his shield. Jaune tries to swing at Cardin but is blocked and pushed back as they exchange a few words before Cardin knees him in the stomach. Cardin is about to strike at Jaune who lays on the ground, but Professor Goodwitch intervenes.

Glynda: "Cardin, that's enough." She walks between them and faces the class. "Students, as you can see Mr. Arc's aura has dropped into the red. In a tournament style dual, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and that the official may call the match." She looks at Jaune. "Mr. Arc it's been weeks now, please try to refer to your scroll during combat, gauging your aura will help you to decide when it is appropriate to attack or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now would we?"

Cardin mutters something before walking away, Professor Goodwitch goes on to remind everyone about the Vytal Festival coming up in a few months. How it won't be long until students from the other kingdoms arrive, and that we should all practice as those participating will be representing Vale. The bell rings, dismissing us for launch, at the cafeteria, Nora begins telling us a story. Yang is completely interested in it, while the others aren't. Blake is reading her own story, Weiss doesn't seem to care as she does her nails, and both Ruby and Pyrrha seem worried about Jaune who looks saddened. I had to admit that the negative emotion coming from him was annoying but also concerning.

Nora: "So...There we were, in the middle of the night..."

Ren: "It was day."

Nora: "We were surrounded by Ursai."

Ren: "They were Beowolves."

Nora: "Dozens of them!"

Ren: "Two of them."

Nora: "But they were no match, and in the end, we took them down and made a boatload of Lein selling Ursa skin rugs!"

Ren: "Ah...she's been having this reoccurring dream for nearly a month now..."

Pyrrha: "Jaune... are you okay?"

Jaune: "Uh? Oh, yeah! Why?"

Ruby: "It's just that you seem a little... not okay..."

Jaune: "Eh, guys, I'm fine... seriously, look!" He smiles and tries to show that he's fine.

(F/N): "Jaune I can sense negative emotion coming from you. Actually..." I turn around after sensing more negativity and find Cardin and his team picking on Velvet. "One second." I get up and start walking over, that's when I see him pull one of her rabbit ears. "Let her go!"

Cardin: "If it isn't the real freak of the school, what are you going to do? Attack me like a Grimm." He laughs mockingly at me.

(F/N): "Yes." A glowing red circle forms under me, behind me rises a pack of Beowolves. "I suggest you run." The pack roars as it chases Cardin and drags his teammates away from the cafeteria, I walk over to Velvet. "You okay?" She fears me, just a little but it's there.

Velvet: "Y-yes."

(F/N): "Don't worry, they aren't dead, but if they hurt you again please come to me or your team okay?"

Velvet: "I will." I nod my head before walking back to the table where everyone is looking at me either out of worry or in Jaune's case, fear.

Pyrrha: "They're not going to kill Cardin are they?" I sit back down next to Ruby.