Chapter 25: A Tale Of Two Remnants

Third Person POV

It has been days since (F/N) fell through the portal, while he was dealing with Sienna, the girls were dealing with the tournament, which hadn't cheered them up as they hoped. Even with their win against team ABRN they were still worried about (F/N), as Ozpin had made no progress in finding him or the cause of the portal. Ironwood assisted though his main concern was making sure (F/N) didn't fall to Salem's side. After leaving the stadium the girls arrived at the fairground near Beacon.

Ruby: "Is anyone else starving?"

Blake: "I might have worked up an apatite." Her stomach growls loudly, causing her to hold it in surprise.

Weiss: "If only there was somewhere we could get food, oh wait." She motions towards the stalls all around then.

Ruby: "It's okay Weiss, I forget about the fairgrounds too." Weiss sighed and shook her head.

Yang: "I wish I could forget." She said in a depressed voice much to her teammates' surprise.

Ruby: "Yang."

Yang: "What? Oh, I didn't mean it like that I... I miss him." Ruby tries to comfort her sister.

Ruby: "We all do."

Weiss: "But moping about it isn't  going to help."

Yang: "I guess you're right."

In team CFVYs' room sits Velvet on her bed looking through her scroll, her team had also managed to win in the team round. If she could she'd use the reward to wish (F/N) back to her, the reward was one wish for the team that won, it was decided by Ozpin who believed that as long as it was within reason, it would make someone's dream come true. Coco swore if he wasn't trying to get back she'd knock him senseless, but right now she was walking over to her teammate to comfort her.

Coco: "Velvet, I know you're having a hard time, but you can't stay like this."

Velvet: "But, what if he's hurt?"

Coco: "We both know that's unlikely, and even if he was he'd get back up."

Velvet: "Yeah... I wanted us to enjoy the festival together."

Coco: "I know you did." She pats Velvet on the back.

Velvet: "If we won, I wanted him to graduate at the same time as us."

Coco: "Don't worry, we'll do our best in the doubles round to get you that wish."

Meanwhile, at the other Beacon, the other Ozpin had received reports of a strange individual talking to themselves before leaving the campus. He looked through the recordings for the mentioned person, when he saw who it was he nearly choked on his drink. He quickly reached out to contacts to find where (F/N) had gone, or as Ozpin knew him, Alpha. He called Qrow to warm him about Alpha's appearance.

Qrow: "Hey Oz, got another mission?"

Ozpin: "Qrow, Alpha was here."

Qrow: "What?!"

Ozpin: "I don't know how but he just appeared and walked right out of Beacon."

Qrow: "Want me to intercept him?"

Ozpin: "I'm afraid he has already left on a boat to Menagerie, but for once we have a clear picture of him, I'm sending it now." Qrow looked at the picture in shock.

Qrow: "Oz, that can't be right."

Ozpin: "What are you talking about?"

Qrow: "I'm saying that can't be him, if he was working for Salem then why did he save Ruby and Yang?"