Chapter 8: Forever Fall

Third Person POV

In team JNPR's room, Nora was jumping on her bed while Ren was cleaning his weapons, while those two were either cheery or calm, Pyrrha was a different story. She was seated with a disappointed look on her face while she stared out the window looking at the sunset. Jaune, who just finished work for Cardin, was about to enter his team's room when he overheard their conversation begin.

Nora: "Jaune still isn't home?"

Ren: "He has been more scarce since he started fraternizing with Cardin."

Nora: "Doesn't he know we have a trip tomorrow? We need our rest!" She plopped on her bed as Pyrrha responded with a passive-aggressive voice.

Pyrrha: "I'm sure our leader knows exactly what he's doing." Jaune hung his head in disappointment of himself, not noticing Ruby.

Ruby: "Hey Jaune." He turned around surprised. "Long time no see. Did you lock yourself out again?"

Jaune: "Oh uh, nope!" He holds up his scroll. "Got it."

Ruby: "So, where have you been lately?"

Jaune: "I, uh... I messed up. I did something I shouldn't have and now Cardin's got me on a leash and Pyrrha won't even talk to me... I'm starting to think coming to this school was a bad idea." He lowers his head. "I'm a failure."

Ruby: "Nope."

Jaune: "Nope?"

Ruby: "Nope. You're a leader now Jaune. You're not allowed to be a failure."

Jaune: "But what if I'm a failure at being a leader?"

Ruby: "Mmm... nope."

Jaune: "You know, you're not the easiest person to talk to about this stuff."

Ruby: "Nope! Jaune maybe you were a failure when you were a kid, and you might have been a failure the first day we met. But you can't be one now, you know why?"

Jaune: "Because..."

Ruby: "Because it's not about you anymore. You've got a team now Jaune. We both do. And if we fail we'll just be bringing them down with us. We have to put our teammates first and ourselves second. Your team deserves a great leader Jaune, and I'm sure if (F/N) can go as far as he has, then so can you. Have a good night Jaune." Ruby walked into her room and shut the door as Jaune received a message from Cardin, telling him to get a box of rapier wasp.

(Timeskip to Forever Fall, as Chibi (F/N) practices pickup lines on an Ursa.)

All of the students gathered at the landing pad, ready for the trip to Forever Fall Forest, it took some time, and (F/N) a second to get used to it, but the ride felt rather short. The Bullhead arrived at the outskirts of the forest, Professor Goodwitch and the class walked out. (F/N) couldn't help but feel something wrong, as the Bullhead left and they started walking into the forest he became more distracted until finally stopping and taking out his Grimm claws. Goodwitch stopped and looked back, the class looked to and saw him standing a few yards away, looking deeper in the forest.

Glynda: "Is something wrong Mr. (L/N)?" He looked back at her.

(F/N): "Grimm, just like last time. I'll take care of them." He runs into the tree line, team RWBY was about to follow when Goodwitch stopped them.

Glynda: "What do you four think you're doing?"

Ruby: "We're going to help."

Glynda: "I'm sure he can handle them just like last time." Hand them he did, in a moment after finding Grimm he started yelling in a murderous rage while ripping them apart.