Chapter 21: Velvet Night

(F/N) POV

After my little, let's call it a rant, with the girls they started to avoid me, except for Ruby, who actually spent another night sitting outside with me. We didn't talk much, but she did recommend that I think about asking Velvet out sometime, she even gave me a few ideas on where to go. Of course, when she finally went to sleep I carried her back to her room, when I finished tucking her in and stepped down, I could have sworn I saw Weiss close her eyes. I just let it go and went to Goodwitch's office, where I could hopefully find where she hides the jars of Red Sap that are rightfully mine. That, and I also wanted her thoughts on me asking Velvet out, Goodwitch either has advice that could come in handy, or she has been single for all her life and has no advice. I was looking behind her bookshelf in hopes of finding a secret compartment when I heard the door open.

Glynda: "And what do you think you're doing?" I get out from behind the bookshelf and pushed it back into place with too much strength, causing most of the books to fall off.

(F/N): "Sorry, I'll clean that up." I started picking up the books only for them to float back into place.

Glynda: "You're not going to find the jars here."

(F/N): "That isn't why I'm here."

Glynda: "Oh, you have a different reason for being in my office?"

(F/N): "Yes I do... I um..." I rub the back of my neck.

Glynda: "You know lying won't get you any closer to your sap."

(F/N): "It's not that I just... look, do you have any dating advice?" She looked surprised.

Glynda: "Why do you ask? Has someone finally caught your attention?"

(F/N): "Sort of, it's Velvet. She said she liked me since the day we met, and Ruby suggested I ask her out, but I have no idea what to do. I've read a romance novel and articles on dating, but I'm not sure that's enough." She walked up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

Glynda: "Just be yourself and have fun together."

(F/N): "That's rather generic advice."

Glynda: "But it's the truth, if she likes you for who you are and you have fun together, what is there to worry about?"

(F/N): "I'm... kind of surprised."

Glynda: "Why's that?"

(F/N): "I mean coming from a single lady in her-" She gripped my shoulder and glared at me. "Her early twenties and would make any guy happy."

Glynda: "That's what I thought. Now about what you're going to wear." She walked over to her desk.

(F/N): "What about it?"

Glynda: "Do you have an outfit in mind?"

(F/N): "No, not really. I thought regular clothes would be alright for a first date."

Glynda: "I don't think so, after classes are finished for the day I'll help you pick an outfit."

(F/N): "Is that really necessary?"

Glynda: "Yes, now get going to your first class." I sigh and walk to the door.

(F/N): "Whatever you say, mom." I open the door and look back to see her smiling. "Have a good day."

Glynda: "You too."

I was walking to Professor Port's class, it was a rather relaxing morning, some of the students even seemed more energetic, most likely because of the Vytal Festival. I was halfway to class when the voice spoke up in an interesting tone.