Chapter 2: Meeting People

(F/N) POV

After having watched the sunrise I walked over to the landing zone for the new students, I sat on the ground with my legs crossed. I took out my scroll and started playing a game one of the students recommended, I had gotten into it and didn't notice the airship approaching until a gust of wind went passed me. I look up and see the new students disembarking, I stand and dust myself off, as I walk over I see a blond guy put his head into a trashcan. He doesn't seem well, so I walk over and asked if he's okay, he just points his thumb up. Not even a moment later I hear an explosion, I tell him I'll see him later as I run over to the source of the explosion, where I believe I've found Winter's sister Weiss yelling at a girl.

Weiss: "This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about!"

Girl: "I'm really, really sorry!"

Weiss: "Ugh, you complete dolt! What are you even doing here? Aren't you a little young to be attending Beacon?" I try to intervene.

(F/N): "Um, excuse me." Even as she spoke to me she sounded annoyed.

Weiss: "What do you want?"

(F/N): "You're Weiss, right? Winter's little sister?"

Weiss: "Yes and?"

(F/N): "She wanted me to say hi to you, anyway are you both okay?"

Weiss: "I'm fine, as for this child I don't care."

Girl: "Hey! I said I was sorry princess!" A different girl walks up with a red vial in hand.

Girl 2: "It's Heiress, actually. Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world."

Weiss: "Finally, some recognition!"

Girl 2: "The came company infamous for its controversial labor forces and questionable business partners."

Weiss: "What- How dare- The nerve of- Ugh!" She snatches the vile and storms off towards the school.

Girl: "Sigh, guess I'm not the only one having a rough first day. So what's-" She looks to the second girl who already left, she turns around to me looking slightly sad. "You didn't leave?" I shrug in response.

(F/N): "I wanted to meet new people today, my names (F/N)." She seems to cheer up.

Ruby: "I'm Ruby, it's nice to meet you." She holds out her hand, I just follow along and hold out my hand. She held it softly with one hand and started to shake them up and down before letting go.

(F/N): "This may be a weird question but, what was that called?" She looks confused.

Ruby: "It's a handshake."

(F/N): "Sorry if I ask stupid questions, I... don't know much about the world."

Ruby: "Oh, well, I don't mind." I notice the guy from before walk up to us.

Jaune: "Hey, sorry I didn't introduce myself before. Name's Jaune Arc, short, sweet, ladies love it." I turn to Ruby.

(F/N): "Do you?"

Ruby: "Why ask me?"

(F/N): "You are a lady." She seems to smile at this.

Ruby: "I think I like the name (F/N) more." The three of us started walking through the courtyard as Jaune tried to explain how motion sickness is common.

Jaune: "All I'm saying is that motion sickness is a much more common problem than people let now."

Ruby: "Look, I'm sorry, vomit boy was just the first thing that came to mind."