Chapter 16: The Act of Helping

(F/N) POV

It has been a couple of days since I last spoke to any of the others, I mostly just keep to myself in the Emerald Forest or from time to time I go to the music room. It seemed strange that a school for training worriers had a music room, but I guess the variety of different classes are what make it prestigious. I was walking down the hall when I saw Velvet carrying three boxes, even if I was avoiding the others I thought I should at least help her after what I did.

(F/N): "Hey Velvet." She turns to me with a slight blush.

Velvet: "Hey (F/N)."

(F/N): "Need some help?"

Velvet: "Oh, um, sure, thank you." I take two of the boxes and walk with her.

(F/N): "What's all this for?"

Velvet: "Didn't you know about the dance this Sunday?"

(F/N): "First time I'm hearing of it."

Velvet: "They should have announced it in class by now."

(F/N): "Yeah, I haven't really been going to class so..."

Velvet: "That would explain it. These boxes are some of the decorations Coco wanted."

(F/N): "Some of?"

Velvet: "She really wants to make the dance special."

(F/N): "Is the rest of your team helping?"

Velvet: "Yatsuhashi is but Fox got injured in our last mission and needs a few days to recover."

(F/N): "I hope he gets well soon. If Coco is alright with it, I'm willing to help out."

Velvet: "I'm sure she'd appreciate it." She's smiling and there are no negative emotions.

Voice: "You're letting her use you, you gain nothing."

(F/N): "Hey Velvet."

Velvet: "Yeah?"

(F/N): "I'm sorry about before, you know, with the Red Sap." Her face grew redder.

Velvet: "I-it's fine, I already forgot about that."

Voice: "She remembers."

Velvet: "Anyway, the ballroom is just up ahead. I'll get the door." As we walk in I see Yatsuhashi carrying a large speaker.

Coco: "Right there should be good."

Velvet: "Hey guys!" I walk over to a table to place down the boxes.

Coco: "Hey Velvet, thanks for getting those."

Velvet: "No problem, (F/N) helped me carry them and offered to help out." Coco looks at me, lowering her shades.

(F/N): "Sup."

Coco: "Do you know how to hook up lights to a sound system?"

(F/N): "No, but I can learn, and have it done before tomorrow. How do you want it set up?" Coco had a grin on her face, no negative emotions, she pushed up her shades.

Coco: "I'll get back to you on that, go help Velvet get the rest of the decorations."

(F/N): "No problem."

I went with Velvet to the large storage room, there were several boxes and a bunch of random props and junk stored on shelves. Despite us being alone Velvet didn't give off any fear or emotion I could sense, she actually appeared focused on looking through boxes. I waited close by while the voice reminded me that I was being a tool.