Chapter 29: Red Sap Mood Swings

(F/N) POV

It was a wonderful morning, everyone was in the dining room eating, Raven, Ren, Nora, Ghira, Blake, Kali, and myself were all enjoying the meal. Ren and Nora went off to play with Blake outside, Ghira went to the study to work, Raven mostly worked on her form, and Kali went to the market with me. I didn't think much of it at the time, but I saw a stall selling small jars with something red in them, I thought it was just jam, that no one would import Red Sap all the way from Vale. Kali must have noticed me staring at it and went over to buy some, I told her she didn't need to but she insisted it was alright. I was starting to get nervous, if it's Red Sap then everyone in the manor is in for a show, if it's just jam then everything is alright.

Kali: "I'm surprised they were selling Vale Red Sap, you have quite the eye." Shit.

(F/N): "Thanks, I'm surprised too."

Kali: "The man selling them said it goes great with tea, perhaps for lunch I'll make some with it."

(F/N): "Yeah... that sounds nice." She looked at me.

Kali: "Is everything alright?"

(F/N): "Yes, perfect, just... anxious is all."

Kali: "I know the mission in Mistral didn't go as plan, but you can't beat yourself over it."

Sienna: "He should." Me and Kali stop and turn around, Sienna walks between us. "It's his people that killed them." We continued walking.

Kali: "Sienna you shouldn't say that."

Sienna: "It's the truth, it was his job to protect them and he failed."

(F/N): "Last I checked you said you didn't need me to protect anyone."

Sienna: "Doesn't mean you can fail at your job."

(F/N): "What about you? It's not like you were any help."

Kali: "Both of you, it's in the past now."

Sienna: "But the scars are still in the present. Whatever, I need to tell Ghira I found a place for those kids like he asked."

Kali: "Thank you."

Once we got back to the manor, I decided to help Raven train. I summoned a few Grimm for her to fight, the kids ended up watching, Nora was practically jumping as she cheered on Raven. She didn't approve of the distraction, but I told her to think of it a challenge to stay focused. It was all going great until we went in for lunch. When the door to the dining room opened, when the aroma hit me, I couldn't help myself. I ran in, jumped for the teapot, over the table, and landed face-up on the floor pouring the hot tea down my throat. I didn't stop until every last drop was consumed, then I let out a deep breath, and could feel my brain relax.

Ghira: "Are you okay?" I stumbled up to my feet with a smile on my face.

(F/N): "Red Sap!" I ran over to Kali and tackled her to the floor. "Were's the rest?"

Kali: "I-in the kitchen." I bolted out of the room and looked for the jar, messing up nearly the whole kitchen till I found it.

Ghira: "(F/N) what happened?" I was laying on the counter with the jar over my head as what little of the sap dripped down. The entire kitchen was a mess.

(F/N): "Red Sap." I licked the dripping sap and got up, when I saw Blake I ran after her and picked her up, carrying her away.

Salem: "What do you plan on doing to her?" I stopped dead in my tracks in the middle of the hallway and held her out in front of me as I title my head.

????: "My minds telling me no~ but my body's, my body's telling me yeah~." I shook my head and hugged her tightly.

(F/N): "I lost one Blake, I'm never losing one again." Not a few moments later the others were looking at me as I laid on the floor hugging Blake.