Chapter 17: The Night of The Dance

(F/N) POV

It's been some time since I last felt this excited, even with the voice constantly reminding me that Blake only said yes out of pity I still decided I'd enjoy my time with her and the others. I was standing outside the team room waiting for Blake in the suit Goodwitch helped me pick. The moment the door opened, and I saw her my heart skipped a beat, the short purple dress and black bow of hers were beauty in my eyes. I must have been staring too much, she acted slightly nervous, avoiding eye contact with a faint blush.

Blake: "It's weird isn't it?"

(F/N): "Not at all. You look perfect."

I step forward and offered her my hand, the smile on her face was honest to me but the voice kept claiming it was fake. We walked mostly in silence to the dance, I wasn't sure what to talk about and by the time I was going to speak we had nearly arrived at the dance. Coco was taking names at the door, when she saw us she smiled and greeted us, the voice claimed that smile was fake, I was inclined to believe that to some extent, she is a greeter so of course she'd have to smile.

Looking around the ballroom the students are all dressed up and are having fun dancing, Blake and I joined in the slow dance. She was smiling the whole time, the voice still called it fake, stating how others were dancing closer together and how a few had already kissed. Even if I do love her I wasn't going to risk ruining the moment with a forced kiss. After we finished dancing we walked over to Ruby standing by the punch bowl with her sister, both of them looked wonderful in their dresses but there wasn't any sign of Weiss.

(F/N): "Hey girls, enjoying the dance?"

Ruby: "I'd be enjoying it a lot more if Yang didn't force me to wear these stupid lady stilts."

Yang: "Aw come on, you look lovely."

(F/N): "So where's the Ice Queen?"

Ruby: "She went outside a moment ago, why?"

(F/N): "I just thought everyone should be here having fun." Yang moves beside me and ruffles my hair.

Yang: In a playful voice. "Still looking out for your friends, you really are a nice guy." My chest started to hurt again but I kept my smile.

Voice: "Yes, because every nice guy is willing to die to protect you, every friend is like that as well." It was clearly trying to make a point.

(F/N): "What can I say? You're all important to me."

Yang: "Still trying to make us blush?"

(F/N): "Sure, anyway I think I'll go see how Weiss is."

I start walking outside, I could hear Yang start to talk with Blake, when I couldn't find Weiss near the dance I searched further till I started to hear whimpering. Far away from the dance and other people, sitting on a bench in the courtyard, lit by the light of the broken moon, was Weiss crying in her hands. She didn't hear my footsteps so when I placed a hand on her shoulder she instantly looked up in surprise, the moment she saw it was me she lowered her head and started wiping away more tears. I sit next to her, all the while the voice is telling me not to help her.

(F/N): "Weiss, what happened?" She turns her head away. "Weiss whatever it is I'm here for you."

Weiss: "I... I got rejected."

(F/N): "Want me to break their face?" Her voice was quiet, trying to keep back her emotions.

Weiss: "No." I didn't want to see her like this, it was making my heart sink like that time with Blake, I pull her into a hug. "What are you doing you dolt?"