Chapter 1: Out of The Forest

???? POV

I don't remember how I found myself in this snowy forest, there was no one in sight as I wandered around. That's when it started, I could feel something in the distance, it was like it was calling me to it, calling me to destroy it. My walk turns into a run as I sprint towards the call, the feeling grows stronger as I begin to lose my senses, everything fades to black. When I open my eyes, I find myself on my knees facing three people, one of them asked if I wanted to come with them, I looked around and saw dead bodies on the ground. I slowly shake my head, he told me if I changed my mind to find him at a place called Beacon Academy. I hadn't seen them since, I wanted to know what I had done and why I don't remember, but I felt like I had to stay in the forest, a compelling force that led me to understand my powers.

Often, I hear a female voice guiding me, teaching me what I was fully capable of. After training for years, I felt it was time to leave the forest and find this Beacon Academy, there was only one problem, I didn't know where or what Beacon Academy was. The voice was no longer with me, but the feeling returned, this time it was different, it didn't call for me. I followed it for miles and miles until I reach a place with tall structures, there were lots of people who stared at me or ignored me when I asked where I could find Beacon Academy. Then I heard someone say something of interest, mentioning Atlas Academy, it was my only clue to finding Beacon, so I asked where I could find Atlas Academy. I made my way over, the people there also stared at me, until a man approached me and asked for my name.

????: "I don't think I have one, do you?"

Ironwood: "I am James Ironwood, Headmaster of Atlas and General to the Atlas Military, now who are you?"

????: "That's a long name, and I don't know, I need to go to Beacon Academy though, do you know the way there?"

Ironwood: "I do and what business do you have there?"

????: "Someone once invited me to go with them, they said if I changed my mind I could find them there."

Ironwood: "So you're the child Ozpin mentioned, follow me."

I followed him as he said, he took out something and talked into it, I stared confused, when Ironwood saw me looking it was explained that a scroll is a device that allows for people to talk to each other at great distances. I started to think if there were other things I didn't know, so as we walked I started asking questions. I asked why people stared at me, Ironwood explained it was because I was partially naked, when I saw a person with a tail I asked if they were people too, Ironwood told me they were and that people with those traits are called Faunus.

My questions went on as I saw things I didn't understand like the flying thing that Ironwood called an airship, as I was fitted for new clothes it was explained that there are four kingdoms and that there are four major academies, and that I would be sent to Beacon shortly. As Ironwood and I parted, he said he would notify Ozpin of my arrival, I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable in the airship as much as I was wanted to go to Beacon. That was when I met her, she had short snow-like hair and walked to me like she carried importance.

Winter: "My name is Winter Schnee, General Ironwood has tasked me with watching over you until we reach Beacon." It felt weird to not introduce myself, so I made up a name on the spot.

(F/N): "(F/N) (L/N), how long will it be until we get to Beacon?"

Winter: "A few days, the General informed me that you don't know much and had also instructed me to answer any of your questions."

(F/N): "If that's the case, can you... how do I word this... tell me how to act with people."

Winter: "What do you mean?"