Chapter 12: Red Sap Tea

(F/N) POV

It's been a couple of days since the news reported the events at the shipyard, and wouldn't you know people haven't called for my head. Things at Beacon seemed to actually be calm, that was until today, we were just starting Professor Goodwitch's class. Throughout the past days, Blake has seemed distant, eating less, and she has been giving off a depressed mood. I was going to talk with her after class when Professor Goodwitch called me down to the arena.

Glynda: "Today class, instead of the normal sparring matches we will have Mr. (L/N) summon Grimm for each of you to fight." I pose dramatically.

(F/N): "I feel so used."

Glynda: "Sure you do."

(F/N): Under my breath. "Like that riding crop."

Glynda: "What was that?"

(F/N): "Nothing."

Glynda: "Moving on, any volunteers to go first?" Nora practically explodes with excitement.

Nora: "I do! I do! I do!"

Glynda: "Very well, Ms. Valkyrie please retrieve your gear and return."

Nora runs to the lockers and not a moment later comes back, hammer in hand, still full of excitement to the point she could barely keep still. I sit at the edge of the arena opposite of her and summon a Deathstalker. Professor Goodwitch gives a short countdown, the moment the fight begins the Deathstalker charges her. Nora switches her hammer into its grenade launcher form and fires at the Grimm, it covers its face before swiping at her. She jumps out of the way to the side of it and switches back to the hammer, leaping at it, smashing its head before jumping back. The Grimm gets back up and turns to Nora who laughed as it charged her again, what she hadn't noticed was the Beowolf I summoned behind her. It grabbed her in a bearhug as the Deathstalker quickly raised its stinger, but as it goes for Nora both Grimm vanish. Nora looks around confused before looking back at me.

Nora: "What happened?" She seemed disappointed.

(F/N): "You were having a bit too much fun and got distracted." She pouts and crosses her arms.

Nora: "I could have won."

(F/N): "You can have another fight later if you want." She gets excited again.

Nora: "Really?!"

(F/N): "Sure Nora." Nora skips back to her seat with her team.

Glynda: "Hm, can you summon three Beowolves from now on?"

(F/N): "No problem."

The rest of the class went smoothly, but right as it ended Nora ran over to me and started dragging me away to a field near Beacon, claiming she wanted the hardest challenge I could give her. Not wanting to disappoint her I summoned twenty Beowolves, twenty Ursai, three Deathstalkers, and a Nevermore. Nora put on a smile while scratching her head, laughing lightly at the Grimm surrounding her before asking that I go a bit easier. The Nevermore, Deathstalkers, and Ursai vanished, leaving only the Beowolves. Nora looked excited again and readied her hammer, she had strength but not speed, so I made sure they didn't just overwhelm her. As Nora was satisfied and Ren called her, we started walking back to the dorms, while passing the kitchen I couldn't help but stop and take in the smell.

As I walked in, Ren and Nora followed after noticing my distraction. Velvet was making tea and offered a cup, as I took a sip Ren asked what was in it, the moment she mentioned Red Sap both Ren and Nora saw me chug the rest of the tea straight from the teapot. To recount a passage from Professor Peach's report on the effects of Red Sap, specifically the part she asked me to help with. 'Red Sap is known for its sweetness and the fact that it attracts Grimm, the reason for the second part was unknown until now. The Red Sap seems to act as a drug to the creatures of Grimm, or in this case person of Grimm. The aroma alone is enough to cause euphoria while the consumption appears to cause higher emotional instability, in normal cases the creatures of Grimm appear to act more aggressive, however, in (F/N)'s case it appears to affect all emotions and is affected by the situation he is in.'