Chapter 9: Bedridden

(F/N) POV

I was walking to the dorm room, it was about time I head back, that and I still hadn't changed from the ripped clothes I had on the other day. I heard someone sneezing when I was about to knock, just after I had knocked Blake opened the door. I could see Yang sitting on Ruby's bed while Weiss stepped out of the bathroom in her uniform. I walk up to Ruby to see what's wrong, she looked rather sickly.

(F/N): "What's wrong?"

Yang: "She has a fever." Ruby sneezes into a tissue. "And a runny nose."

Ruby: "I blame the forest." She said in a stuffy voice before sneezing again.

(F/N): "Want me to look after her?" The girls look at me surprised, but Yang changes to a smile.

Yang: "I'd appreciate that." She jumps off the bed and walks over to Weiss and Blake. "Just don't feed her cookies, she needs to eat healthier than that."

(F/N): "I'll make sure she's taken care of." The three girls leave, I take the box of tissues on the small bookshelf, then jump up and sit beside Ruby, handing her a clean one.

Ruby: "Thank you." She blows her nose.

(F/N): "No problem. I'll be back in a second." I grabbed a clean pair of clothes and went into the bathroom to change, after I was done I walked back up to her bed. "So, are you hungry?"

Ruby: "Cookies..."

(F/N): "No."

Ruby: "Strawberries?"

(F/N): "Hm, how about I make you a surprise?"

Ruby: "Fine-" She sneezes again.

(F/N): "I'll be back in a minute." I jump down.

Ruby: "Before you go, can you hand me a comic?"

(F/N): "Sure." I kneel down in front of the bookshelf, grabbing a comic book and handing it to her.

Ruby: "I already read this one..." I put it back and get her a different one. "And this one..." I do it one more time. "And this-"

(F/N): "Ruby you're one of the cutest girls here, but don't push it." Hides her face with the comic.

Ruby: "Sorry."

(F/N): "It's okay, I know you're not feeling well. I won't be long."

I head for the dorm kitchen and see what is laying around, while I may not be as great as Ren is at cooking, I do at least know how to follow a cookbook. It took longer than expected though, slightly over an hour, so I put everything on the serving tray and made my way back to Ruby. The moment I opened the door without knocking was a mistake, Ruby was caught reading Blake's hidden book Ninjas of Love, she looked at me embarrassed and quickly stood up, only for her to nearly fall. I place the tray on the table and run over to her, helping her dizzy self up and over to the table to eat.

Ruby: "Thank you." She said in a stuffy quiet voice as she put the book on the desk.

(F/N): "It's nothing, and don't worry about the book. Blake caught me reading it once so I know how you feel." She started to laugh but was interrupted by a sneeze, I went over and got her a tissue, and then the tray.

Ruby: "Thanks."

(F/N): "No problem, just make sure you eat before it gets cold." She takes the spoon full of soup and tries it.

Ruby: "Hmmm, what is it?"

(F/N): "Potato leek soup."

Ruby: "It's good." She takes another spoon full.