Chapter 5: Feel the Hate

(F/N) POV

It was morning as I walked to the dorm room, I wasn't sure what time they were going to wake up, but I needed to change and shower, as both Professor Goodwitch and Winter had stressed the importance of hygiene and clean clothes. Just like Blake had asked me to, I knock on the door and ask to come in, Ruby, already dressed, kindly opened the door to let me in. I borrowed the bathroom for a brief shower and changed into the uniform Ozpin had given me. With all of us ready we head off to our first class of the day, as we walked though I could feel the stares coming from people, Blake for some reason seemed to stare back at some of them as we walked. When we reached the classroom, they moved over to let me sit next to them, they seemed different from yesterday.

I tried my best to write all the notes I could, though the professor spoke faster than I could write, my hand just isn't used to it yet, still, small things like this just got on my nerves. I tried not to show any of my problems or struggles with the lesson and just continued on with the day. At lunch, I could finally take a break from straining my brain and just relax with the team in the cafeteria. Team JNPR sat across from us, though they were cheerfully talking with RWBY about how the day was going, I couldn't help but sense something. I wasn't sure what it was, and I didn't want to ask, the last time I sensed this I was surrounded by dead bodies on the snowy ground. I didn't want to worry them or scare them again, so I kept it to myself, none of them seemed to notice my discomfort with what I was sensing. I didn't eat though which caught Ren's attention.

Ren: "Are you not going to eat?"

(F/N): "I-ah, I don't need to, with the whole... being Grimm thing."

Ren: "If you want you can try some of mine."

(F/N): "Thank you, but I'm fine. So, what's the next class?"

Yang: "Combat!" She lifted her fists up and punched the air while smiling. "I can't wait to fight!"

Pyrrha: "Sparring can be quite exhilarating, expectably with the Vytal Festival just around the corner." Nora starts talking, but the bell rings as Blake looks at me oddly. As we all start going to our next class she points something out.

Blake: "You didn't ask what the Vytal Festival is."

(F/N): "Hm? Oh, it's fine."

Blake: "Are you sure? I thought you'd ask."

(F/N): "I'm sure, let's just focus on our class."

As we walk in and take our seat Professor Goodwitch reintroduces herself and explains the purpose of her class and the reason we fight each other, clearly to improve our fighting skills. She started selecting students to fight, one-on-one, after the first match end she called me and Yang to the arena. I was nervous, but Yang seemed thrilled with it as we went to the lockers to change into our combat clothes, Professor Ozpin told me that it would be ready in my locker by today. As we stepped into the circular arena, Yang smiles at me and tells me not to hold back, saying she won't for a second. But I didn't want to hurt her, I had no choice but to hold back and avoid using my powers. The buzzer went off and the fight began, Yang charged me and tried to hit me in the face with a powerful right hook.

I could dodge her for the most part but if I want to use my weapon instead of my powers I'd have to make some distance between us first. She just kept throwing punches and kicks at me. When there actually is some distance between us she shots at me with her gauntlets, that was when I started sensing it again. It was coming from her, something I didn't like having directed at me, I started fighting back, when she closed the distance between us I used my black claws and tried to strike back as I blocked her attacks. I got close with one swipe that forced her back, I saw her yellow hair fall in front of her to the floor as whatever was inside of her became violent. I could see it on her face and hear it in her voice, and it was then I figured it out.