Chapter 10: The Stray

(F/N) POV

It's been a few weeks since Ruby was sick, and everything seemed to be normal, if not a tiny bit boring. That's changing though as the Vytal Festival comes closer and more students arrive from other academies, which is why team RWBY and I are walking through the streets of Vale on a weekend. Approaching one street, we could see a shopkeeper hang a banner across the road leading to the docks, reading 'Welcome to Vale' as Weiss began acting like a fangirl.

Weiss: "The Vytal Festival! Oh this is absolutely wonderful!"

Ruby: "I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out..."

Weiss: "How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances, parades, a tournament! Oh the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking."

Yang: "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring."

Weiss: "Quiet you."

Yang: "Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks."

Ruby: "Ugh, they smell like fish."

(F/N): "Isn't that because of the fish?" Weiss didn't answer my question and instead answered Yang.

Weiss: "Because I heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today and as a representative of Beacon I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom." Blake leans close to me.

Blake: "She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament."

Weiss: "Ah! You can't prove that."

Ruby: "Woah."

I see Ruby stop and look down a road to a crime scene that had been taped off by the investigators there. It caught the attention of the others as well, Ruby started walking over so we followed her. At a closer looked, it seemed like a Dust shop that was robbed. Ruby went up to one of the investigators that was writing in a notepad while the other walked to his partner.

Ruby: "What happened here?"

Detective: "Robbery. Second Dust shop hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle."

Yang: "That's terrible."

2nd Detective: "They left all the money again."

Detective: "Yeah, just doesn't make a lick o' sense. Who needs that much Dust?"

2nd Detective: "I dunno, you know what I mean?"

Detective: "You thinking the uh, White Fang?"

2nd Detective: "Ya I'm thinking we don't get paid enough."

Weiss: "Hmph. The White Fang. What an awful bunch of degenerates." I could feel the anger starting to come from Blake.

Blake: "Why would you call them that?"

Weiss: "Degenerates? Because I simply don't care for the criminally insane."

Blake: "The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths. If anything they're a collection of misguided Faunus."

Weiss: "Misguided? They want to wipe humanity off the face of the planet."

Blake: "So then they're very misguided. Either way, that still doesn't explain why they would rob a Dust shop in the middle of downtown Vale."

Ruby: "Well the police never caught that Torchwick guy I ran into a few months ago...maybe it was him."

Weiss: "That doesn't change the fact that the White Fang are a bunch of scum. Those Faunus only know how to lie, cheat, and steal." The negativity coming from them was annoying, making me shut her up.