Chapter 69

Harry's POV:

I played with the metallic fork idly, flipping it back and forth so that it would be parallel to the knife and spoon that rested on the table before I would purposefully shift it so that it wasn't parallel at all. I could tell that this bugged Draco, since he had his dining wear completely parallel to not only himself but also his napkin.

We had made it out of the school after getting permission from McGonagall and Snape. I had to get Draco away for a little while, before we began our journey into the muggle world. So of course, I took him to Hogsmeade for a little date.

Draco and I were both seated in a booth, looking over the menus. I ran my finger down the page and stopped at roast chicken and mashed potatoes. It sounded pretty delicious and I tapped it, making a small sound of approval.

Draco dropped his menu onto the table as I peeked over the top of my own. He gave a small smile and I reached across the table to grab his hand. With small, slowing strokes, I rubbed circles into his smooth flesh.

"What are you having, Dray?" I asked as I lay down my own menu. The look of slight agitation on his face humoured me as I moved my fork ever so slightly diagonal. "Pork and applesauce, with roasted carrots and potatoes." He tapped his free hand against the table lightly and I felt his leg jolt against mine. Earlier in the day, I had picked up on Draco's OCD habit when I shifted things around and he would shift them back.

Anytime I shifted the fork so that it wasn't parallel, I could visibly see Draco furrow his brows and pointedly look away. It was the most adorably awkward trait I had ever had the opportunity to witness. So of course, I took advantage of it. Calmly, I left the fork crooked and leaned on my elbow on the table with my chin in my palm as I flicked my gaze upwards to look at the beauty sitting before me.

The frustration was plain on his face, and Draco just glared back silently. It was priceless. I tilted my head and blinked innocently.

"Something the matter, Dray?" I couldn't keep the smirk off my face as I stared at him. His eyes slid over to the fork and I could practically see the gears turning in his head as he tried not to freak out about the misplaced fork.

"Harry..." He gave me a warning look but I just continued to stare at him indifferently.

Playing coy, I gave a small shrug of. The shoulders. "What? What did I do?"

"You know exactly what you did! I just watched you do it!" Draco seemed to be a bit aggravated so I chuckled and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Did what? Does having my elbow on the table bug you? I didn't realize you were a stickler for manners!" I huffed and sat back before slouching in my chair, my lips twitching upwards slightly. I had never been one for manners or anything like that. It was hard to learn manners when you live with the people I lived with. Especially with their attitudes and such.

"N- No! The fork thingy!"

I stared at Draco before laughter bubbled up from my throat and out of my mouth. Draco was obviously so frustrated that I was having difficulties even coming up with words and articulating what he was trying to say. I could only think of one word. Adorable.

"Fork thingy? Come on Draco, use your words; is it a fork or a thingy?"

He looked ready to reach across the table and slap me or explode in in rage or embarrassment as his face turned slightly red. I quickly figured out that it was indeed anger that was boiling inside of him as he leaned across the table and whispered angrily at me. It was slightly unnerving when someone who wanted to yell at you suddenly switched to whispering and I just stared at him.