Chapter 36

Harry's POV: (it's another Quidditch game. Yay yay!)

"I hope everyone brought their omnioculars, because the long awaited match between Gryffindor and Slytherin is about to begin." Lee Jordan announced and I smirked. This particular game was going to be the best yet. I'll be moving at speeds so fast, I'll be a blur. Cheers of anticipation elicited from the stands. "Alright, this is going to be a fair game. Competitive, but fair." Oh how you are so far from the truth, Lee Jordan.

And this game was going to be oh so good with Draco. We'd been training since Thursday for this. Oh yes. "Players ready?" Lee called. Ron and Zane fell silent, and the anticipation spiked professor Vector kicked the trunk in the center and the lid popped open. The two bludgers sprang free with maniacal giggle, sailing high into the air. The golden snitch followed, zipping between me and Draco. Perfect.

I looked at Draco and he nodded. Let's do this. "Finite protectum charmus." Draco cast the first spell the second the snitch was in sight. "Camoflagus. Accio snitch." I cast the second spell a hairs breath after. With the protection charm broken, the snitch became almost invisible and flew into my open palm. Quickly, I tucked it into my red Quidditch robe pocket as I opened my other hand. A second snitch, which had a faint greenish glow, rested on it. It was the same enchanted one Draco and I had used to train at midnight. I thumbed the activate button and the snitch spread its filament wings and shot off a lightning speed.

"Think anyone noticed?" Draco asked. I shrugged. "It wouldn't matter if they did, considering we made it harder to play, not easier." This is going to be one hell of a game. Professor Vector blew his whistle. "Let the games commence." He declared after releasing the Quaffle. The game began in a flurry of red and green robes. Draco and I watched the chaos bellows is for a moment before exchanging mock saluted and flying off in opposite directions. "Let the games begin indeed." I muttered to myself.

"Slytherin Chaser Marie Smeaton has the Quaffle--," Jordan was reporting. "--Gryffindor Chasers Jordan Leaner and Bill Corley are on her tail-- they're not fast enough, though-- Marie throws the Quaffle at the goal-- and it's blocked by Keeper Calvin Miley! Good save, Gryffindor!" The Gryffindor side and any endearing Gryffindor fans cheered as Lee reported in rapid bursts.

I watched Draco as he drifted lazily through the air a good distance above the Slytherin goal. He was scanning the field, half watching the game unfold below as he searched for the snitch.

"--Slytherin Beater Andy Bole whacks a bludger at Gryffindor Chaser Ron Weasley-- Captain Weasley roll on his broom and kicks the bludger right back at Andy. And what a good kick it was!--" More cheers erupted from most stands. "--Chaser Corley has possession of the Quaffle-- he throws to Chaser Jordan Leaner-- it's intercepted! Slytherin Chaser Marco Warrington darts in from nowhere and snatches the Quaffle!-- He's flying hot and fast towards the Gryffindor goal-- Slytherin scores!" Lee's voice boomed through the air in rapid bursts again. Cheers burst loudly from the Slytherin side.

I flicked my hand lazily at them as I kept an eye on Draco and an eye for the Snitch. The Quidditch match picked up the pace. Within minutes, Slytherin had scored twice more and Gryffindor three times, causing the game to be tied 30-30. Red and green clad players ducked and wove in and around each other at breakneck speeds, the bludgers dancing dangerously with them.

Gryffindor had scored two more goals when I saw a speck of green out of the corner of my eye. Apparently, so did Draco. The snitch hovered near the ground in the center of the field, as if daring either one of us to catch it.

Draco took the dare. I watched intently as he dropped straight down from where he'd been hovering, startling the Slytherin Keeper as he free-fell past the goal. I laughed at the startled Keeper's reaction. Draco came to an abrupt stop just before where he would hit the ground. "--Woah! That was a close one! Seeker Draco Malfoy stops his sudden fall mere centimeters from the hard ground-- the snitch has been sighted center field-- Malfoy shoots forward-- and here comes Gryffindor Seeker Harry Potter from the other side!"