Chapter 18

Harry's POV:

I was radiating with rage. And Ron knew it. I was still kneeling on the cold slab of pavement where Draco had lain. My eyes trained on the door where Snape had taken him.

Inevitably, I got up, my shoulders hunched and my brows drawn together. Slowly. Slowly I turned to Ron, my eyes completely void of any emotion except raw anger.

"WHAT DID YOU DO!?" I bellowed at Ron across the bathroom, my grip tightening on my wand with every passing second.

I narrowed my eyes at Ron in frustration as he sank back against the bathroom wall. Surely I would end up doing something drastic if he didn't get out of my sight.

"I'm sorry Harry! I didn't know what the spell did! I just saw it in the potions book you gave me!" He exclaimed and I nearly - Key word: nearly - threw a Crucio curse at him.

"Is that supposed to make it somewhat better!?" I shouted. Anger clouded Ron's face as I said those words.

"No! You know what, you lied to me. I thought you hated Draco. You've been sworn enemies since first year. He bullied us all the time. So why did you have a sudden change of heart, huh? I'm beginning to not regret nearly killing him anymore." Ron's voice was cold as he said the last sentence.

Misery shattered my heart because those words were going to be the death of me. "I loved him!" I screamed out in blind fury, casting spells everywhere. I didn't care. No, not at all. Draco nearly died by the hands of Ron and he doesn't care.

"Get out! GET OUT!" My screams bellowed through the bathroom, ricocheting of the bathroom walls. I'm sure they could be heard all throughout the castle.

Ron's eyes widened immensely as he took shaky steps back. I shot him a dirty look as he turned to leave, Hermione following behind him.

And that's when I let it out. All of it. The rage, the fury, the deep sadness and all the raw emotion. My heart was literally hanging on by strings.

Sobs racked through my body, shaking my shoulders as they went. The pain was so bad, he wanted to die. I couldn't stand that thought. I hated it. So bad.

It was a while before I got up off the bathroom floor, my head aching. I was determined to visit Draco in the hospital wing, but to do that, I needed my invisibility cloak. So I slowly walked to my dorm to get it. The only person I encountered was the Fat lady Portrait.

Slipping it around me, I rushed out of the room and on towards the hospital wing.

~

I slowly opened the heavy oak door, slipping behind it and letting it close silently. Looking around, I spotted Draco. He was the only one in the infirmary room. I deterred my thoughts and glided to his bed.

His skin was extremely pale and he chest was rising and deflating heavily. Draco was already healed but the awful spell Ron had cast on him left two pink scars nearly criss crossing on his chest.

I grabbed his hand gently and sat beside his bed, my head leaning on my arm as I waited for him to wake up.

As I waited, I thought about all the happy memories we had together. The ones that made us laugh, that made us happy and brought us closer together. As I did, one particular memory lingered in my mind.

~

Draco and I were rushing down to the Quidditch pitch. Tonight, I was taking him for a ride on my Firebolt.

As I slowed to a stop on the ground, Draco nearly crashed into me, only just coming to a stop inches from my back.

"You dork." I said, turning around and swooping him into a hug. He didn't expect it and squealed like a girl, although he would never admit to that. "Put me down Harry!" He demanded and I did, dropping him right then and there.