Chapter 39

Draco's POV:

"No Draco. I'm giving you a choice. Either you stay or I'll go. And that will be the end of it." Harry choked on a sob and I watched as he bit his lip to stop more from seeking freedom. My eyes widened in hastened shock before narrowing into slits.

"Go?" Go where?" I had a feeling that is was not what I wanted to hear. Studiously, I studied my own feet before dragging my eyes up to Harry's face and staring intently. "Go as in ill leave. Break off the relationship and go back to being archenemies. Because I can't take anymore pain, Draco. I thought you would know that by now." My face fell and hot liquid tears revolted down my cheeks.

No please. Don't leave me. I need you Harry. I need you.

Sullen, I called his name as he walked to the door. But he didn't listen. No! He can't go. Taking two large strides, my hand met with Harry's waist and I pulled him tight to my chest. I held him tightly, relishing in the last few moments that Harry was mine.

"Are you going to stay?" Half sobs tore threw Harry and into me. The slight glimmer of hope in his voice had me keeled over and I knew I couldn't. Why doesn't he understand that this is for own own predatory safety? My body involuntarily stiffened in alignment. "Harry, you know I can't. I have to go." But I so desperately don't want to.

It's not safe for him around me. Immediately he pulled away and my time was up. He was no longer mine. As he headed for the door, I called out to him one last time. "I love you Harry. So so much. And I will come back for you." Harry's steps faltered slightly as he reached the door.

"It was nice knowing you, Malfoy." The horribly injected venom into that name made me shudder. I looked up with precious eyes and he was gone. Gone like the wind. Slipped through my fingers.

My shoulders slumped in a desperate attempt to akin to the fact that I had failed. I'm not a good boyfriend. So what proves that I could be a good husband. Or even a good father.

Dejectedly, I walked out of the prefects bathroom. It was time to talk to Snape.

~

Fire fire burn so bright

Make your wishes true as night

Fire burning wick so lye

Fire burning make me cry

Take your wrath and make my command

Fire burn and fulfill my demand

Fire burn and bodies ashen

Fire burn and make them crash

Now you're burning in endless darkness

Light the path with your oh so brightness

Fire roar higher with your beautiful flame

Burn anything that gets to close

And make them take the blame

Hit them high when they're heading down low

Strike them from behind

Be as deceitful as a crow

And take control of their mind

Fire burn their body

Fire let it flow

Fire burn them ashen

Fire dust as so

Fire fire burn so bright

Make your wishes true as night

Fire burning wick so lye

Fire burning make me cry

Take your wrath and make my command

Fire burn and fulfil my command

~

I entered upon knocking and found Snape at his desk. "Ah, Draco. What brings you here?" Snape was being unusually callous and kind. Maybe he was in a good mood. Possibly. He was sitting with one hand fisted under his chin. I collapsed into the quest chair and held my head in my hands.

"I've blown it Severus. I've well and truly blown it. Harry's never going to forgive me for this." I muttered into my palms. I'm a disgrace. How could I have done that. I know how much it hurts him and I chose to ignore it. Oh my. This is just bloody awful. "Draco!" Shapes voice rang in my ear and I lifted my head to find him leaning across the desk.

He sank back into his chair. "Finally. You were stuck in your thoughts and I couldn't get you. Now, what brash decision have you made this time?" Snakes voice was oddly comforting, yet at the same time, it was harsh. Which was what I needed.

"When I disappeared and came back after two weeks. Harry was awfully upset. And he couldn't stand it. It was causing him a lot of pain." Snake nodded his head with a thoughtful frown. "If I recall, he did come and see me for some potions."

"Yes. And I have to go away again. It's for his own safety. Because he would never be safe as long as he is around me. And then he broke up with me... Oh Severus. It's horrible." Bloody awful. "Yes, well, I wouldn't blame him. This is rather your fault." I glared up at Snape and he had a small twinkle in his onyx black eyes. "Not helping Sev!" I groaned and banged my head on his desk.

"I suppose. But what do you want me to do about it?" Perplexed, he placed both hands on the desk in front of him. "I don't know Sev. You're my godfather, what do you have in mind? Anything? I'm open to anything!" My head was still hurting from where I'd banged it on the desk, and also from when I'd slapped my forehead after Harry walked away.

"Well... There is one thing. But it has to do with your protection as well. And I don't know how you'd fare about it." I groaned in protest but listened in. If it was for Harry, then if do it.

"This plan I'm proposing, McGonagall already knows about it. She suggested it after you came back from your little 'vacation'. It has to do with you staying with Harry over..."

~

I nearly fell over in my chair when Snape had explained what would be happening over the Summer holidays. Of course, it was still a few months away but oh gods. Harry would hate me. Absolutely hate me.

I glided to the Gryffindor tower. I had to speak with Granger. Surely she must be of some help.

X

So much for a long chapter. But I didn't have anything much to say in the ways of Draco. So, this was kind of a filler chapter. Harry's will be tomorrow and you'll hopefully get plenty of action and drama from that. Also, that little poem about the fire, I wrote that. So don't steal it or I'll cut you. By the way, you'll find out what the plan is soon enough.

Don't be a fucking ghostie!