Chapter 66

Draco's POV:

It kind of freaked me out a little bit that there were wings on Harry's back. It's a little unnerving, but if it doesn't bother Harry, then it doesn't bother me... Much.

I still felt a bit miffed that Harry didn't tell me sooner that there was a chance he mightn't die. Because I remember that I felt absolutely awful when he broke the news to me.

"Draco, baby. Pay attention." Harry's voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I remembered that we were in the middle of a battle. The school grounds were littered with bodies of both good and bad people. As I looked around, more often then not, we were losing at least a ratio of two men to five of Voldemort's followers.

No matter. "Right." I flicked my wrist again and aimed at a werewolf who was advancing on a student. I muttered a curse and it fell forward, just missing the terrified student by a few inches. Father would be here if he wasn't dead. No matter. I don't care.

Mother would also be along side him, unwillingly, of course. Wait, wait. Mother? She would've definitely been back from France by now. Which means she would be here. Dear god. My mother. I have to find her.

"Harry." I tugged at his shirt and he turned around, his wings brushing the ground. He had dirt smudges on his face and his eyes were wild. His hair was messy from his hand running through it multiple times. "Yeah?" Harry's own eyes scanned over my face and and he frowned a bit.

"My mother. She's here. I have to go find her." I trusted Harry on his own but I don't know if he trusted me on my own. I am supposed to be under his watch at all times, but I really need to find my mother. She must be horribly worried and scared. Harry's frown deepened and his wings beat together angrily.

"Draco, I really don't want to let you off on your own. Something might happen and I wouldn't be there to stop it." Just as Harry finished speaking, a spell whizzed by his head and he seethingly looked behind me at the caster. With a quick flick of his wrist, he turned his attention back to me. "See?"

I nodded, because I did see. But I had to get to my mother. "I know. But I have to find her. Harry, it's important that I do." I was frantic. Harry gave a frustrated sigh as he nodded. "But be careful. Watch everything, please." He gathered me up in his arms and his wings enclosed around us. That's... Interesting.

"I promise I will. Um, what are your wings doing?" I questioned, though I didn't mind. It means that we couldn't be seen. "They are called Protector Wings. They can protect us from almost everything, including spells. I love you." Well now, aren't they just fancy.

"I love you too. Bye Harry." I pressed my lips to his and was, once again, taken aback by the passion and love. It seeped through into my bones and I could feel it reverberating through every space in my body. It felt like a small current running through me.

"Bye." Harry's reply was whispered against my lips before his wings unsheathed us and I pulled away. I didn't look back as I walked.

~

I'd been walking for a few minutes and I hadn't spotted my mother yet. I just desperately hope that she isn't one of the bodies lying on the ground. That would be ghastly and nauseating.

"Draco?" I heard my name and whirled around, wildly looking for the owner of the voice. Standing on a peak of concrete near the courtyard of the school was my mother. Oh, I was so happy to see her.

I jogged forward to her and she smiled a tears smile. "Mother." I wrapped my arms around her in a hug and her smell enveloped me. I had missed her so much, it was unbelievable. "Honey, I'm sorry about your father. But I'm also not sorry." I patted her back as I continued to hug her.