Chapter 51

Draco's POV:

Shit.

He didn't mean it. He didn't mean it. He didn't mean it.

Who knows. He probably did. And I'm asshole.

He's got the weight of everyone counting on him on his shoulders and I'm over here just being a dick. Like, 'hey look at me, I'm a pompous git!' Bloody Malfoy genes. I'm a selfish arrogant prat. I would rather him suffer in pain the rest of his life then let him die a simple death. What kind of boyfriend am I? I mean, he gave me a second chance and I'm already screwing it up.

But I can't lose him again. I just can't. It's not fair.

Fucking Voldermort.

I rolled over on the bed and faced the wall, tracing little patterns on it with my fingers. I remember something my father said to me when I was eleven. The year I went to Hogwarts.

~

"Hurry up Draco or you'll miss the train. You can't afford to be late. Malfoy's are never late." I rolled my eyes at my father's punctual behaviour and huffed, dragging my trunk down the stairs, it thunking on each step. "I'm coming, father." I talked a little bit louder so he would hear me. "Don't drag your trunk, boy. You're a wizard." I could hear the malice dripping from fathers words and could imagine him snarling.

Once I got to the bottom of the stairs, I muttered a quick floating spell and my trunk began hovering behind me. As I walked, I thought about what the year would be like. Who would I meet? Who's would I be friends with? Who would be my enemies? I know I'm already going to get sorted into the Slytherin house, so that shouldn't be a problem.

"Walk with posture. Malfoy's don't slouch!" My father came into view by the door and I could clearly see he was annoyed. My god, I'll be glad to get away from father and do what I want at school. No more 'don't do this, don't do that. You're a Malfoy!" Because geez, I already know that. Putting up with father for long periods of time can be heftily tiring.

And I'm only eleven. Which makes it all the more difficult. "Come one boy. Hurry up and stop dawdling." Father voice broke me from my reverie. I picked up my pace to catch up to my father. We had to apparate separately since I couldn't touch my father. He had specifically made that rule when I was eight, after I tried to hug him. Which was a big mistake since he backhanded me into a wall.

Once we had made it to Kings Cross St. and we had found a spot to wait, father said my name sternly as I eagerly looked at everyone. "Draco." I turned around and looked into his cold silver eyes. "Yes father?" I wonder what he wants now. "When you get to Hogwarts, make sure you're sorted into Slytherin, or you'll no longer have a home." That's a bit harsh.

"Of course father. I wouldn't have it any other way." Just to please you. And of course, I don't want to not have a home to go to on breaks. That would be possibly horrible and embarrassing. "And, one other thing, Draco. Don't go making friends with mudbloods or people who aren't in the Slytherin house. I want you to rule that house and rise above your peers. Show them who they answer to. Got it?" Fathers striking cold eyes stared into my own and I nearly shivered. Nearly.

"I wouldn't dare, father. Mudbloods are filthy. And of course, they answer to me and to me only!" I couldn't wait to rule the Slytherin house. And sneak up on first years in the other houses. All houses should be afraid of me, as should all years. "Severus Snape will be there. Your godfather. He's going to be your mentor. And he's the potions teacher. I almost forgot, if you find a girl and you think you love her, get rid of her. Malfoy's do not love, find your self a pureblooded Slytherin girl. And do not disappoint me. Or you know what will happen." Fathers tone was ice cold and I was tempted to runaway. I was also tempted to ask if he loved mother.