Chapter 57

Harry's POV:

Draco timidly moved around in the bathtub before relaxing against my chest. The steaming hot water rippled in gentle waves against us as I wrapped my arms around his waist. He exhaled loudly, sinking even further into my chest.

I enjoyed the heat rising off the water as I rubbed slowing circles on Draco's belly. His smooth milky skin was warm to the touch and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I honestly couldn't believe that the boy I was holding, was mine. And mine alone. My beautiful boy.

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

That thought brings me to a lot of things. Draco is and always will be the one thing that continually takes my breath away. I can't believe everything we've gone through together. Especially the five years of Hogwarts where I thought I hated Draco. Maybe I didn't. Maybe I was just trying to hide repercussed feelings like he was.

Oh well. Because I've got him now and that's all that matters. And that's all that ever would matter.

There were some smelling bath soaps on the side of the bath. Picking one, I flicked the lid and squeezed a bit into the water, making small swishing motions with my hands to mix it around. I tried not to jostle Draco to much, seeing as he was the most relaxed I've seen him for a few days.

Leaning my head back against the wall of the bath, I allowed my body to sink into the tub. The sweet smell of the bath soap lingered in the air and I breathed it in gently, intent on remembering the smell. Draco moved his hands to my thighs and rested them there.

Eventually, I sat back up slightly and pulled Draco up with me. He still remained lying against me as my fingers kept rubbing circles on his belly. I sucked in a soft breath and knew that it was now or never.

"Dray, baby, let's talk about the war for a few minutes. Ok?" It was a few long seconds before Draco moved. He sat himself up and began to get up. I though he was going to climb out of the tub and go to bed but he didn't. Instead, he turned himself around to face me and placed himself back into my lap. My hands snaked around his waist and rested in the dimples at the bottom of his spine, rubbing more circles.

Draco's legs locked around my waist and his arms came to a rest on on my shoulders, his hands intertwining into my hair. His grey eyes stared into my own, mirroring them softly. "Baby. I don't want you to fight in the war, ok?" Draco's hair fell across his eyes and it was nice to see it out. He's been wearing it like that a lot, lately. I think it suits him a little better. His gelled up hair makes him look smart and professional, though.

"I know. But I want to. I want to be beside you because it will be the last time I see you. And I want to be there when you... You know... Go." Draco's voice was empty. It won't be the last time. I promise.

"I know sweetheart, I know. I don't want you to get hurt though. It would break my heart." I pulled Draco into my chest and he nestled his face in the crook of my neck. I played with his hair gently and his arms slid from my hair to hanging loosely at my waist. "And you know the same goes for you. Even though you are... Or will soon." His reply was muffled by my shoulder and I hugged him tighter to my chest.

"Draco, my love, my fiancé. If you really want to fight, then I shall let you. But you must promise me to be as safe as you can and use everything I taught you." My confidence over this subject waned and I felt entirely responsible if Draco got hurt through this ordeal

"I promise." Draco whispered against my ear and I resisted the urge to shiver. Instead I stood up from the steaming water, holding Draco as hot droplets dripped everywhere.