Chapter 58

Draco's POV:

I'd been staring at Harry sleeping form for the past ten minutes. It's the most peaceful I've seen him for a while. And I think that this is the most of a full nights sleep he's had for a long time. I'm not sure if he slept the whole night, but he could've.

He was facing me, my hand around my waist and the other tucked up under the pillow. His black shaggy hair fell over his eyes and moved ever so slightly as he breathed in and out. The sheets came to Harry's waist, scrunched and messed all over the place. I could feel his legs still intertwined with mine and I gently stroked his leg where my foot rested.

Gingerly, I lifted a hand to trace his plump, pink lips. My hand moved from his lips to his jaw. The sharpness and velocity of it was astounding. He could be aristocratic. Harry made a small noise as my fingers ghosted along the indents of his cheeks and the crown of his nose. He had a cute little nose.

I shuffled forward ever so slightly so I could place a kiss on his neck. Which turned into a hickey as I began sucking the skin lightly. My bad. And I made the mistake of doing another, because it woke Harry up. He gave out a little groan and stretched his body, pulling me extra close to his bare chest. My face was squished up against it and I struggled to get out of his iron grip.

"Stop moving or it'll get tighter, little dragon." I froze as Harry called me a nickname from my childhood. One that brought back significant memories.

~

"Ready or not, here I come!" I stifled a giggle as I hid behind the couch. I could hear mother's footsteps quietly tread on the polished wooden floor. She would not find me this time. I was the best hider in the world.

Momentarily, I peeked out from behind the couch and was faces with my mother's back on the other side of the room. She seemed to be inspecting behind one of the arm chairs. Oh! If she's doing that, then surely, she will check behind the couch.

Sneakily, I crawled out from behind the couch, keeping an eye on my mother as I went. I made sure not to drag my knees on the ground or she would hear me. Silently, I made my way to the door. I had to be very sneaky and quiet or she would definitely catch me.

Once I made it to the door, mother straightened up and checked behind the couch I was just hiding behind. Phew! I would've been caught for sure. "Come out, come out wherever you are, little dragon!" Mother moved from the couch and I smiled. I liked when she called me that. It made me feel safe. Father only ever referred to me as Draco or boy. And I didn't like boy.

As I turned from the door to keep moving, I accidentally trod on a squeaky floorboard. Freezing, I hesitantly listened for mother. "I can hear you." I could hear the smile in her voice as she spoke with a calm voice.

It's now or never! Choosing now, I thudded down the hallway and into the main entrance. "I see you, little dragon!" Skidding across the tiles, I turned my head and caught a glimpse of my mother running after me. At the sight, I threw open the front door and ran into the front yard, mother hot on my heels.

The further I ran, the more mother caught up with me. I ran as fast as I could around the house and down the side of the yard to the back where the field of grass was extra long and green. Puffing, I slowed a bit, which was a bad idea because mother instantly caught me in her arms and swooped me up.

"I've got you, you silly boy." She spun me around in her arms before sinking to the grass and sitting on her feet. I was still wrapped in her arms and I felt safe that way. For a few moments, we sat in silence and watched the scenery as the wind breezed by and birds flew overhead. The orange sun sank into the earth, flitting the sky with orange and pink rays against blue sky and white clouds. It was a pretty sight to see, nonetheless.

"I promise to always keep you safe. No harm will come to you, little dragon. I love you!" I nestled into my mother' swarms and returned her words with my own.

~

Needless to say, that was the last time my mother had ever called me little dragon. And it was the last time I had ever felt that feeling of safety and peace in my mother's arms. But now, just hearing Harry call me that made my heart flutter. A warm feeling nestled inside of me and it felt familiar, like when my mother called me little dragon.

"Draco? Did I say something wrong?" Harry's voice was laced with concern and I looked up to meet his green eyes. Softly, I smiled at him and felt more at home in his arms than anyone else's. And just for that reason, I knew Harry would protect me no matter what happened. That he would always out himself before me.

"No, you did nothing wrong. I was just thinking. I love you, Harry. So much!" From there, I returned my head to laying on his chest and sank further into his arms.

One of Harry's warm hands traced its way to my chest, where the marred flesh was. Every time I looked in the mirror at those scars, I cringed. But I had learned to accept them as part of me because they make me who I am. And Harry taught me that.

Although, I still hold a grudge over Weaselbee for it. "I love you too, little dragon." Harry's lips were placed upon my head and they stayed there, his warm breath fanning into my hair. His moved his other hand to the small of my back and pulled my close as I tightened the covers around us.

"It's still early, do you want to get up." If it's still early, I'd rather stay in bed. "No, can we stay in?" I asked against Harry's chest. As I waited for him to answer, I drummed my fingers on his chest rhythmically.

"Of course we can. But don't you wanna get up? We can go to the kitchen and I can ask Dobby to get us some breakfast. Wouldn't you like that?" It seems like Harry would rather go to the kitchen, but anywhere he was going, I would go to. I was about to answer when my stomach let out a loud rumble on cue. I blushed as soon as I heard the noise and squirmed as Harry's fingers dipped over my abdomen.

"Sounds like someone is hungry! Come on, little dragon. Let's get you fed." Harry chuckled and I listened to the beautiful sound bubbling from his lips. His arms unfurled around from me and I pouted at the loss of warmth. "Up you get." He grabbed ahold of my hands and dragged me to the edge of the bed. When I was about to fall off, I sat up. "Alright, I'm coming!"

I wanted to sleep. But I wanted to eat, too. Why can't I do both? Standing up and yawning, I bent over to my toes and stretched. I groaned as my bones popped. It felt pleasurable.

Harry shimmied into a pair of tight jeans which made his arse look so good. Alright, now I had better get dressed too.

Turning away and opening my trunk, I rifled through the clothes for my own pair of tight jeans. Faded grey to be exact. I shimmied my own self into them and yanked them over my butt. Getting them on were a pain, but who cares when they make you look good.

I rifled through my trunk again for black t-shirt. As well as that, I pulled out a simple sweatshirt because it was still cool and I didn't want to freeze my butt off. I ended up shoving my socked feet into a pair of boots.

As I stood up, I noticed Harry watching me. I cocked him a look and he shrugged his shoulders in reply. Right, then. "Come on. It's still early, nobody is up. Which means I can do this." I was puzzled for a second as Harry walked towards me until he was next to me and laced his fingers with mine. Oh.

His skin was hot against my own cold skin. It was something I relished in.

X

Look, I updated. Chapter 58. Sorry it's not terribly long. Normally I don't update for one day. But this time I didn't update for three days. The first two days, I was sick and then yesterday, I was swamped with homework. Maths homework to be specific. It was bloody awful and I hate my math teacher.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Let me remind you of something: THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE STORY. ITS NOT CLOSE TO FINISHING AND WONT BE FOR ANOTHER 20 OR SO CHAPTERS. SO SIT BACK AND CHILL, BRUH! Maybe you would've known if any of you read the author's note I put at the end of each chapter. You guys suck ass!

Don't be a fucking ghostie!