Chapter 41

Hermione's POV:

"Oh, goodbye Harry. I'll see you in the new term. We'll miss you heaps. Write to us." I tried to smother Harry in love. Something was up with him and I had a feeling that it had something to do with Draco. In my arms, Harry gave a slightly stiff shrug before moving away. "Yeh, goodbye Harry. As Hermione said, write to us." I watched helplessly as Ron gave Harry hug as well.

When he pulled away, there was a far look in his eyes. A sad, pitiful look that made his emerald eyes seemingly darker. "Bye guys. I promise I'll write soon." He sounded halfhearted. I watched as his slumped, lone figure walked away. Oh dear Harry, whats happened to you. Ron gave a wave and I studied him in the light of the platform. He didn't seem to notice anything. And if he did, he was good at hiding it.

"Let's go, 'Mione!" Ron stopped to pick up his luggage and walk on. "Oh. Yeah. You go ahead, I'll catch up." Ron's blue eyes studied me before he shrugged and caught up to Ginny. I picked up my own luggage and shuffled towards Harry. He was acting like this two days ago but I didn't think anything of it because if he wanted to tell me, he would. But now I'm worried.

"Harry?" I grabbed ahold of his arm, which pulled him to an abrupt stop. "Oh? Hermione, what are you doing? Don't you have to go?" He jerked his head in the direction I came from and I moved my hand from his arm to his shoulder. "Harry, I know something's wrong." There it is. A small flash in his eyes. But it was too quick to catch the emotion behind it.

"Oh, uh-" I cut him off with a small perilous look. "Harry, don't give me an excuse. You don't normally act like this and I suspect it has something to do with Draco. You've been snappish and melancholy for the past two days. What's bothering you. Please, let me help." I murmured, giving his shoulder a pat.

Harry's eyes darted to the side and everywhere but me. It must be really bad. "I, it's. I... I have to go. I'll owl you. Promise." He shot off without another word and I stared as he hurried along with his luggage and Hedwig. God, this is awful for him. I know it is.

I trudged my way through the bustle of people to Ron. His orange hair was viewable for all other. "Hermione, darling. How are you?" I was wrapped into a body and my face was shoved into more orange hair. Must be Mrs. Weasley. "Ah, I'm quite good. And how are you placing?" I questioned as she pulled back and held me at arms length.

"Good. I'm quite good myself. Was that Harry I saw you with before?" Her blue eyes bore questioningly into mine and I shifted under the stare. All the orange hair just added to the factor. "Yes. It was. He just, not faring too well." The tiniest of smiles slipped onto my face as I recalled Harry's movement as I talked to him. Shifty and nervous. Poor dear.

"Ah yes. We have those days, don't we all." There was a murmur of agreement as I looked at the twins and the two youngest Weasley's. Not like Harry. Not like Harry at all.

~

Harry's POV:

I hurried along with Hedwig and my luggage away from Hermione. It wasn't that she was getting on my nerves or anything, it was just the fact that Hermione had the tendency to pick up on the smallest things. Even when I didn't want her to. Because I absolutely didn't want to tell anyone anything right now. Let along talk to anyone.

But, Hermione knows something is up and I have to tell her because she already knows its about Draco. And I'm going to have a horrible Sumer because, once again, I'm at the Dursley's. They are not my family. I won't call them that. I refuse to. They are not my family.

I strode out to the area where I knew uncle Vernon's car would be. Shortly thereafter, I spotted it. I internally groaned and cursed the bloody vehicle and the fat man inside it. Begrudgingly, I popped the trunk and shoved my luggage in roughly before closing it and getting into the back with Hedwig.