Chapter 2

Harry's POV:

One minute... One minute will tell if this is going to work or not. I didn't expect Draco to meet me, seeing as he might have other plans, even though we were kind of friends now. But I still had a glimmer of hope that the blonde headed boy would still come, just so I could explain some stuff. The last thing I need was for Draco to think that I was against him.

I paced back and forth, taking 7 steps before reaching the balcony and turning around to take 7 more.

When the clock struck exactly midnight, the door slowly squeaked open. When I heard the noise, I stopped pacing and thence around to look at the door. Slowly, Draco peeked his head around the door, taking a quick scan of the room before fully emerging. He was wearing black robes that blended with the surroundings, making only his pale hands, face and platinum hair stand out.

"You wanted to talk to me?" Draco questioned quietly. However, his voice was a bit hoarse and sounded monotonous, almost robotic.

"I just wanted to explain myself." My palms were sweating and my heart was raging in my chest. I opened my mouth, then closed it. My body was reacting to Draco being in the room. Sah, stupid body. I don't know why, it's not like I liked Draco or anything. Admittedly, he is a rather dashing looking lad, but I don't think I like him. Think.

"I never meant to act like that. Towards you. I'm sorry. I don't want you to think that I'm against you. Because I'm not." I was talking about the spat that Draco and I had gotten into 2 days ago, where we both said some pretty mean things. Although I said something that set Draco off.

Draco took a step towards me, pointing a thin finger at my chest, nearly prodding it. "You said some pretty mean things." His hand fell back to his side. "We both did. But the last thing you said made me completely unsure of whether we even friends or not. You know I didn't want to be a death eater. I never wanted to be one of them. I was forced into it. And to have someone to trust with all this and then have them turn against you, that's betrayal."

Betrayal. The word echoed around in my mind. I didn't mean it. Really, I didn't.

I looked up at Draco's face, trying to study the emotion that was etched into it. Sadness. He felt that because of me. "You know, I regret not shaking your hand on the first day we got to Hogwarts." I admitted, because really, I did. To be friends with him sooner would have been nice.

"Really? Then ho- oi. Don't change the subject. You still betrayed me." Sadness flooded into his voice as he whispered those last 4 words. "I thought I had a real friend. Not a follower for once. But it turns out that you are all the same as them." Anger crossed his face as a frown set in.

"No. Draco. You don't unde-" I was cut off by Draco.

"Save it, Potter. I thought you were my friend. I hate you, and I hate your stupidly perfect green ey-" Draco stopped mid word. His face turned the deepest shade of red I've seen. Before I could even respond, he whirled around, his robes in a flurry as he fled from the astronomy tower. The name that had become so foreign stung my heart. He called me Potter, not Harry. I didn't like it anymore. I was used to Harry. It felt so foreign.

Sadness sunk in my heart as I recalled his words. 'Save it, Potter. I thought you were my friend. I hate you, and I hate your stupidly perfect green ey-'. Something struck my brain and I all of a sudden felt really dazed. He nearly said eyes. 'Your stupidly perfect green eyes'. That's what he was gonna say. I felt sick.

Standing there, I felt physically drained. After what felt like hours, but was only a few minutes, I took my invisibility cloak and creeped back to the dormitory. The only person I came across was an angry Fat Lady who was fuming from being woken up so late into the night.