Chapter 45

Draco's POV:

Harry definitely hadn't lied to me when he said he didn't sleep. Since I got here, he's been reading, or in the yard practicing charms and hexes. Now, with his birthday only tomorrow, I will make him sleep. He has me positively worried. And a Malfoy never gets positively worried. He's scaring me.

But during the day, Harry doesn't sleep either. Instead, he does hundreds of sit ups and push ups everyday. I get tired from just watching him. All he does are chores, exercise, practice and fly around on that bloody broom of his. I can barely get him to talk to me. Just last night, I tried to coax him to sleep. But he didn't budge. Instead, Harry sat at the desk and read. And read. And read. And he ignored me too.

Right now, Harry was in the yard chasing a snitch on his broom. Its nearly midnight and I just want him to bloody sleep. Is that so hard to ask for? Is it?

Grumbling, I got up from the bed and stalked to the window. I pushed it open with an angry thrust and sighed deeply, calming myself so I didn't yell at Harry. "Harry?" I stuck my head out the window and called his name a little louder than a normal talking voice. Just so he could hear me. When he didn't answer, I called his name again, only louder. "Harry!" Hm, maybe he is over the other side of the yard. Or higher than the clouds. But Harry has good hearing.

I turned around to look at the room. Then I looked down at my pyjamas. I feel so common in these clothes. A pair of Harry's flannelette long pants and a loose tank shirt. It probably fit him. I mean, he's twice the size of me. "You called?" I whipped my head around and nearly screamed. Nearly. Instead, I let out a small squeak and then fell over against the window sill.

Harry bloody Potter was hovering on his broom just outside the window. Is he trying to kill me? For the sake of Merlin! "You alright?" Harry's voice was raspy and low and I nearly moaned at hearing it. No no. Don't think like this now. Just get Harry to bed. Got it. "Harry!" I leaned back out the window and grabbed him by the shoulder, my hands barely fitting around them, and hauled him inside, broom and all.

I fell over at the rough pull and Harry landed on top of me. His broom clattered to the other side of the room and I groaned. Harry was surely heavy. In a sudden movement, I rolled Harry over and sat atop his waist. I pinned his arms down, though he could overpower me at any second. "Harry, are you tired?" I asked firmly as I studied his face. His eyes were dull and extremely dark from the usual sparkling green they are. I almost shivered at the sight of them. And there were deep, dark bags under his eyes.

There were little lines of tiredness etched into his face and I knew he was tired, even though he looked wide awake and full of energy. "No, I'm not. Why?" You're not tired? You're not tired? Haha, excuse me while I laugh at your lies. Harry, you've been a terrible liar since first year. I narrowed my eyes at the stubborn boy in front of me and huffed. "Harry. I'm going to say this once. And only once. So listen carefully. It's your birthday tomorrow. You are going to sleep in the bed with me and there will be no arguments about it. Ok?" I expected more of a fight from Harry, but he just widened his eyes slightly and nodded.

Oh well, at least he's cooperating. Effortlessly and with grace, I got up off Harry in a fluid motion and stood by the bed. If Harry was going to sleep in the bed as well, I would need to transfigured it to a bigger one. So I did just that. I expanded the bed, it was nearly the length of the wall it was against and nearly triple in size. It was fitted with black sheets and fluffy pillows. Ah, fit for a king.

Without looking at Harry, I climbed into the bed and lied down on one side. I made myself comfortable and then looked at Harry. He was staring back at me with those dull, dark eyes of his. There was something in them that I couldn't quite place. I felt a longing for him.